Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 18:86 – Dhulqarnain Watching Sun Set In A Muddy Pool

Tagged: ,

• Quran 18:86 – Dhulqarnain Watching Sun Set In A Muddy Pool

Posted by Muhammad Daniyal on August 23, 2024 at 12:04 am

This man have few videos of critical analysis of islam but till now this one video is a big question in which he argues about historical errors according to him in Quran but this video which i am talking about now literally shook my mind

https://youtu.be/8msnIZKMCPE?si=XUDFgoVpvDyP3XmP

And also the most famous tafseer al tabari 18:86 mentions that in past it was accepted that sun sets in muddy pool or hot spring

I am very confused now. Please assist

Muhammad Daniyal replied 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Quran 18:86 – Dhulqarnain Watching Sun Set In A Muddy Pool

Muhammad Daniyal updated 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 23, 2024 at 4:01 am

Specify your query or confusion please.

We adhere to the words of Qur’an. The Qur’an describes the phenomenon of the setting of the sun as Zulqurnain was watching it. In common parlance we still say that the sun set behind mountain or in the sea. Qur’an is not a book so science not in scientific jorgan. The first thing to consider before reading a book is to know its genre. Qur’an talks in a literary language.

• Muhammad Daniyal

Member August 23, 2024 at 4:32 am

Actually here the main argument is meaning of arabic word “wa’ja’da” which means to come across or to found it was used multiple times in Quran but here in this verse at last same word “wajada” translated as “appeard to him”

Another thing is that tafseer al tabari 18:86 also discusses this in which it was perceived as “muddy pool” or “hot spring” it seems that the people and scholar in past also assume this

• Muhammad Daniyal

Member August 23, 2024 at 4:57 am

It seems that scholars and people in past have this believe that sun sets in pool. You can check tafseer tabari 18:86

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register