Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Compulsory Method Of Ablution

• Compulsory Method Of Ablution

Posted by Rashid Bangash on August 24, 2024 at 4:57 am

Tell me the correct way of ablution which is obligatory.Because I do ablution frequently , I’m OCD patient.

Saad replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Compulsory Method Of Ablution

Saad updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Rashid Bangash

Member August 24, 2024 at 11:01 am

Please tell me about this

• Saad

Contributor August 24, 2024 at 12:18 pm

Believers! When you rise to pray, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and wash your feet to the ankles….. (Qur’an 5:6)

This is the obligatory steps (in order) for which wuzu will be done.

The method by the Prophet (PBUH) described commonly in Fiqh is considered to be the best way to perform wuzu and it is recommended which include the nose, mouth, ear, neck and performing each step three times but they are not mandatory.

Also do not reply to your own question before a moderator does as it gets marked as ‘answered’ and mods that sort by unanswered questions will not see your query.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 25, 2024 at 3:53 am

nose, mouth, ear, neck they are not mandatory. Is there any sin on us If we do not perform this part’s of the body.

If we only Wash face, hands till elbow, wipe the head and wash the foot till ankles, is this enough for Ablution.

• Saad

Contributor August 25, 2024 at 4:52 am

Yes it is enough.

But to do the recommended way will be rewarded more. It is not a matter of sin but a matter of gaining more rewards and following best example of Prophet (PBUH).

Reason mouth or neck or any other extra part is included by Prophet (PBUH) is that when he ‘washed the face’ , he would wash his mouth and nose to ensure his face is properly washed, similarly he would wash the ears and neck to ensure that the head part is properly washed. He would wash between the toes to ensure the feet were properly washed, he would repeat each step three or more times to ensure everything was washed. So the more properly you wash the part in each step, the more reward you will get. But if the minimum method described in Quran is followed, the ablution will be complete and there will be no sin.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register