Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam And Family Living With Husband's Parents & The Right To Ask For A Separate House

Tagged: ,

• Living With Husband's Parents & The Right To Ask For A Separate House

Posted by Sadia Khan on September 11, 2024 at 10:11 am

Salam

I am living with my husband parents for last 16 years where events such as verbal abuse, tanqeed and Tana Zani was happened.My mother in law also slap me one time. my mother in law also make fun of my son appearance because his skin is a little dark.My father in law also verbally harassed me many times using inappropriate language.Now my daughter is 17 and I want to give my kids clean life.Is it OK if I ask my husband to give me separate house and their parents can live somewhere else.He is the only son and he have 3 sister.what are the responsibilities for married daughters in terms of their parents?

Umer replied 2 weeks, 2 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Living With Husband's Parents & The Right To Ask For A Separate House

Umer updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 11, 2024 at 11:21 pm

There is no instruction of Shariah on the combined family system. It is people’s own choice and needs which make them live together with extended family. This culture is found in agrarian societies and common in Hindus, Muslims, and other people of faith in the subcontinent. Such a family system is not found in Arabian societies, nor was it there in the time of the prophet.

Man is responsible for the needs of his old parents, too, but it is not necessary to live together for this purpose. Therefore, asking for a separate house is not a matter of sin or Haq Talfi.

• Umer

Moderator September 12, 2024 at 12:32 am

Please also refer to the videos provided in the following thread for details:

Discussion 66534

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register