Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Uncertainty In Application Of God's Orders

Tagged: , ,

• Uncertainty In Application Of God's Orders

Posted by Amin Ansar on September 16, 2024 at 5:48 am

God’s order is final so we don’t have any say in it, once we receive the order from God, we must obey Him. But what about facets of that order in terms of certain and uncertain things?

For example:

Certain part: God tells us to not mock others and I know with certainty when it is wrong to mock others so I don’t do it in that case

Uncertain part: If I am with a friend and we are just making jokes on each other or mocking at each other for laughter (although there is a chance one might take a joke too seriously and get hurt), I don’t see any problem in this case and it is uncertain to me if that order tells us not to do this either.

This is related to my OCD treatment as I have made a rule for myself that I will only avoid certainly wrong things thus the overthinking never happens. But I am afraid this might be me having my say in the orders that God has given us that although I am told not to mock others I am still mocking my friends saying that I don’t see any problem doing so in this particular case.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 days, 19 hours ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Uncertainty In Application Of God's Orders

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 17, 2024 at 3:12 am

This question is about the application of a command. A command is based on a reason or cause. If the reason or cause is not there the command doesn’t apply. Prohibition of mocking is based on the reason that it is a bad thing, an unethical ect, it hurts. On the other hand joking and having fun among the friends doesn’t involve any ill intentions, usually. Therefoee it is not forbidden. However if one’s knows that a certain kind of joke may hurt someone, it again incurs prohibition.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register