Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth And Islam A Step-by-Step Guide To Learning About Islam?

• A Step-by-Step Guide To Learning About Islam?

Posted by Haris Muneer on September 20, 2024 at 7:01 am

Salam everyone,

I am 27 years old Muslim (from Pakistan) and have recently started reading Ghamidi Sb’s book Al-Islam. As I continue this journey, I am trying to understand how much religious learning is obligated on me as a Muslim and what resources I should utilize for the best learning experience.

My Current Approach:

I began by reading the Al-Islam book as a beginner, but I found the accompanying lectures on YouTube to be more helpful in understanding the context behind the book’s ideas. My current plan is to complete Al-Islam and then decide on the next step in my learning journey.

Questions for the Forum:

1. Incomplete Lecture Series:

• I’ve noticed that the Al-Islam lectures on YouTube are incomplete (only 12 out of 50 are available). I also checked the Al-Mawrid Institute’s website for the Al-Islam course, but only 31 out of 50 lectures are available there.
      • Could the moderators or anyone familiar with the course help me find the complete lecture series for Al-Islam?
      • Is there another reliable platform where I can access the full set of lectures?
    2. Learning Roadmap:

• After completing Al-Islam, what would be the ideal next step in my learning process?
      • Should I continue with more Al-Mawrid content, such as the Al-Meezan course, to develop a broader understanding of Islam before reading the Quran cover to cover?
      • My preference is to first establish a broad understanding of Islam, so I can relate more deeply to the Quran when I read it in full. Is this a recommended approach, or would self-study of the Quran be more effective earlier on?

If anyone has followed a similar path, I would greatly appreciate recommendations on how to structure my learning efficiently.

Thank you all in advance for your help and guidance.

Haris Muneer replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • A Step-by-Step Guide To Learning About Islam?

Haris Muneer updated 1 month ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator September 21, 2024 at 3:56 am

Al-Islam is a summary of Meezan. It is a good starting point if one is only seeking to know the dos and don’ts of religion to practice in daily life.

However, if one is seeking to have a better understanding behind those conclusions reached by Ghamidi Sahab, Meezan is recommended. Along with Meezan book complemented with video lectures, a Muslim can develop a very good holistic understanding of religion, both in epistemology and in practice. Meezan is an attempt by Ghamidi Shaab to arrange the religion present in Quran and Sunnah in a systematic book form, the way we are familiar with books now a days.

Please follow the scheme explained in the following thread to study Meezan and refer to the links shared therein.

Discussion 90487

• Haris Muneer

Member September 21, 2024 at 8:36 am

Thank you so much for sharing the thread, @UmerQureshi Bhai. I truly appreciate it. I’ll be going through the Meezan video lectures soon, but for now, I’m focusing on completing the Al-Islam course to help improve my day-to-day life in light of religion. After that, I plan to explore Meezan in more depth, inshaAllah.

Regarding Al-Islam, as I mentioned earlier, some of the lectures seem to be missing from both YouTube and the Al-Mawrid Institute website. If possible, could you kindly share the complete list of lectures or ask your team to make the missing ones available? Here’s the YouTube playlist I’m referring to, which currently has only 16 out of the 50 lectures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC63JiGKoQM&list=PLBlLCVQiApQ1E-qvhQ8MBQGt5UnXlhiAO&index=2&ab_channel=Al-MawridOfficial

Thank you again for your help and support!

• Umer

Moderator September 23, 2024 at 3:59 am

This is a paid course offered by Al-Mawrid. You can enroll for the course at the following link:

https://almawridinstitute.org/CourseDetails/AI-1

We at GCIL have no role in the policy making of courses offered by other Al-Mawrid Chapters.

They are publishing videos of the course on their youtube channel at their discretion and at the time of their choosing. It is my understanding that not all videos have been published so far. You can contact them and inquire further at the following email link:

info@al-mawrid.org

• Haris Muneer

Member September 22, 2024 at 10:48 am

@Irfan76 @UmerQureshi Just a gentle reminder whenever it’s convenient for you. I’d really appreciate if you could share the lectures. Thanks so much in advance!

• Haris Muneer

Member September 23, 2024 at 9:16 am

Thank you, @UmerQureshi, for your response.

I’ve already enrolled in the course, but it seems that only 31 out of the 50 lectures are currently available, with the rest missing. I also reached out to Al-Mawrid via the provided email a few days ago but haven’t received a response yet. That’s why I decided to post my query here, hoping it might be expedited with the help of the forum admins.

If you could kindly share any direct contact details or suggest a way to connect with the relevant person who could resolve this, I would greatly appreciate it. Since the lectures on the course website are from 2019 and the YouTube playlist is from 2016, it seems the lectures have already been delivered and recorded. It’s just a matter of making the remaining recordings accessible. Perhaps they are available elsewhere, and I’m simply unaware.

I genuinely appreciate any assistance you can offer, as my goal is to complete the Al-Islam course to gain a broad understanding before diving into the more in-depth Al-Meezan course. This will help me start implementing the right practices in my daily life. Thank you again for your support!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register