Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth And Islam Gradual Improvement Vs Immediate

• Gradual Improvement Vs Immediate

Posted by Amin Ansar on September 20, 2024 at 7:39 pm

I know that major sins that are explicitly mentioned in the Quran must be stopped immediately when they come to notice. I’ll want to do so myself even if it is difficult.

But what about other aspects of the religion, even the direct orders from God that aren’t about major sins? For example, cleanliness of clothes. I already am staying away from major impurities of clothes. But it comes to my notice that wearing the same clothes for too long can make them dirty, so it is a good thing to change them more often. But this is difficult for me for now for some reason, can I put this aside and have gradual improvement and ask God to ease me through this? Similar cases for minor sins.

I am afraid of getting ideas for improvement because it would be too much a responsibility and burden as I think that I will have to stop that thing immediately whenever some imperfection in my life comes to notice otherwise knowingly doing that thing will make me sinful even though my intention is to stop doing it with gradual improvement.

Please clarify what things I must stop immediately and what can be stopped through gradual improvement and what God says about easing through improvement

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register