Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Surah Nuh

• Posted by Taimur Mughal on September 26, 2024 at 11:08 am

In surah Nuh, verse 10-12 : Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver. He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.

So prophet Nuh (as) was telling the people if they did istigfaar , God will bless them with these gifts.

My q is : Does this verse apply only to these people of Nuh in that condition , so specific it was mentioned to them from God. Or can this verse be applied today as well for the average mulsim if he or she sins , then doing istigfaar a lot and God will bless this as well to us?

And second part of the q is; pêople say do a lot of istigfaar and then they say words like astagfirullah, astagfirullah but in arabic they are just saying I seek forgoiveness to Allah. Which a normal ^perosn if he hears this in english ; he or she will think why are u saying I seek forgiveness to Allah, ; just say God forgive me. Rabbi igfirli.

Jazakallah khairan.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 day, 18 hours ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Surah Nuh

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar September 27, 2024 at 1:11 am

God has told us that every good cieks from him. He appreciates the people who seek goodness of here and the hereafter.

فی الدنیا حسنہ و فی الاخرہ حسنہ

Secondly, every language has its own idioms to express an idea.

Astaghfirullah means I request to Allah for forgiveness.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register