Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Riba

• Posted by Zeeshan on October 5, 2024 at 7:24 am

Dear sir my question remains unanswered so starting a new question about Riba and Principle Secured Investments. I refer to the following lecture. comments of Ghamidi Sahab from 1:18:35 to 1:21:26

https://www.youtube.com/live/LUbg3QpPfRM?si=d0-0r_fh9sBiUXCu&t=4715

In light of this lecture, can I understand that Ghamdi Saheb has approved that Muslims can work in modern banks especially in the west and engage in activities related to financing through Short Term, Long Term, Revolving Loans and Debt Securities. These financings can be structured in many different ways which banks in western world still call Lending. However in essence these are structured as principle secured. In this background investing in “Fixed Income” should be allowed too, right? I say this as this is a very big issue for Muslims and many of us may not realize it. For example our pensions in the west are invested in funds. Big part of these funds is invested in Fixed Income instruments where the underlying is mainly corporate bonds and other forms of fixed income Securities such as private credit, mortgage Securities.

@Irfan76 @UmerQureshi

Zeeshan replied 2 days, 1 hour ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register