Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Surah Waqiah

• Surah Waqiah

Posted by Taimur Mughal on October 13, 2024 at 6:45 am

My q is :

in verse 85 we read ; and We are closer to him than you, although you do not see it.

I read somewhere that with We it’s referring to angels but Quran is the kalaam of Allah so how are We here indicating angels? God is saying my angels are near to the person? Then HE could have easily said my angels but HE clealry is saying Nahnu ; We.

Surely with We God is referring to Himself and thereby would it be correct than to assume that : when a person is dying God is near him in His own manner?

And second part of my q is about surah waqia verse 88 to 94 ; just couple of verses after this previous verse of WE :

I read that when a human dies so he either is given the Gardens of bliss or perhaps good news of it by angels if he or she is among the foremost ones.

And if the person is from people of right ; he is welcomed by peace be upon you … and if the person is bad than ofcourse hellfire or pretold perhaps about the bad news of hellfire.

But ghamidi sahib said that normal people like most of us all are put to sleep until the day of judgement. So how are they put to sleep while these verses are telling something else?

And there is a hadith ; I forgot the reference but surely you guys know it ; when one a soul is departed he meets his family members in barzakh and they ask him about other relatives and then they realize the person is not among them and died earlier. They get sad.

Kinldy elaborate for me these 2 matters.

Jazakumullah Khair

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 12 hours, 42 minutes ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Surah Waqiah

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 15, 2024 at 6:39 am

In the Quran, Allah narrates from others too, in direct or indirect speech. We can be referred to God and angels or others. The occasion and use of the pronoun in the given context make it clear who the subject of the pronoun is. In this verse, ‘We’ refers to God. No indication refers We’ to angels.

Good people may receive good news from angels on their deathbeds and bad ones may receive bad news, but then they are put to sleep to be resurrected on the day of judgment.

The hadith you refer to is not about the ordinary people but the people who sided with the prophet and were Shuhada. They stay conscious after their death and interact with angels.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register