Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Balancing Ease And Difficulty In Following God's Orders

Tagged: ,

• Balancing Ease And Difficulty In Following God's Orders

Posted by Amin Ansar on October 17, 2024 at 6:16 am

I am having a confusion, God tells us He intends ease for us, but then He tells us to follow His orders even if they seem difficult.
    I am not saying I am not gonna follow an order at all, I’ll try to but only to the extent that is not causing difficulty and above that extent, I ask God to help me.

But again my mind tells me that I must not use this reasoning because God wants me to follow His order even if it seems difficult but what if I follow it and above an extent, it actually becomes difficult, not seems difficult?

Umer replied 14 hours, 45 minutes ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Balancing Ease And Difficulty In Following God's Orders

Umer updated 14 hours, 45 minutes ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Umer

Moderator October 17, 2024 at 7:46 am

A Muslim should follow all the directives of Allah and every directive requires some effort at the end of an individual. Our everyday actions also require some effort. Therefore, a minimum effort/difficulty is required everywhere, no matter the domain.

As for the Shariah of Allah, it has been made clear in Quran 2:286 that God doesn’t give directives/shariah which are beyond human capacity. And when we talk about difficulty in performing any directive of Allah, relaxation has been given on the basis of the nature of directives.

There are two kinds of directives in the context of easement:

1) The one which relate to Moharramat (Prohibitions).

2) The ones which relate to Ibadah.

As a principle, the relaxation in case of ibadah is based on the principle of usar (‘ghair mamoli mushaqqat‘) and for other prohibitions (‘mohramat‘), the relaxation is based on ‘iztirar‘ (becoming impossible to do or when it becomes a matter of life and death). It is for the person to honestly decide whether he is faced with such a difficulty or not where he would avail the relaxation. Quran 2:185 (“God desires ease for you and not discomfort) referred to in the question is in the context of ibadah.

Therefore, a Muslim should follow all the directives of Allah, including the relaxations provided within those directives.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register