Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Not Following Traditional Muslims Regarding Their Attitude Towards Prophet PBUH

• Not Following Traditional Muslims Regarding Their Attitude Towards Prophet PBUH

Posted by Amin Ansar on October 23, 2024 at 6:54 am

I don’t like some other muslims’ attitude about prophet Muhammad (PBUH). They ask him to save them on the day of judgement, they send blessings upon him for this sake as well, they also pray to him, and they praise him in a way that in my opinion feels a little too close to how we praise God.

All of this sort of feels similar to the attitude we keep towards God and I don’t like that at all. When I think of doing the same as other muslims do, I feel like my self-respect is being hurt. This kind of worries me that this might be arrogance in my heart that makes my self-respect getting hurt by keeping that kind of attitude towards a human being. I do recognize the prophet’s status is way higher than mine and I obey him but doing things that I described hurts my self-respect for some reason. I also feel like this is natural, just like you wouldn’t want to bow down to anyone other than God, this might be given to us in an innate level to know that doing this is not right.

My question is, is this arrogance or natural?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 9 hours, 51 minutes ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Not Following Traditional Muslims Regarding Their Attitude Towards Prophet PBUH

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 23, 2024 at 7:13 am

The things you mentioned fall in the category of Shirk. Sending darood is good. It is about requesting God to send His blessings upon the prophet. This is our way to express our gratitude for his services.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register