Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Gender Identifying And Islamic Perspective

• Gender Identifying And Islamic Perspective

Posted by Ahsan on January 1, 2021 at 2:52 am

In first 6 mins of following video Ghamidi Sb says that if morally that person is ok then Islam will not talk about it. My question is if a person identifies as an opposite gender etc, then there are certain rulings which comes along with those genders which may cause disbalance in a society. Eg If a woman identify herself as man, now she can take off the shirt in public (similar to free the nip movement). Indivually one can say no harm is done as it can be classified as psychological disorder (which is not actually) but in terms of scoiety it precussions will be much larger.

My question is Islam has to ensure morality at indiviual was well as society level. How ghamidi sab saying and moral values of society can be reconcile then.

https://youtu.be/Oefc0_3uwRA

Ahsan replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Gender Identifying And Islamic Perspective

Ahsan updated 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Farhan Saiyed

Moderator January 2, 2021 at 4:31 am

Your question is not clear. How is a woman taking off her shirt in public is morally Ok?

Islam doesn’t “ensures” anything, people following it do. Individual members of society who follow Islamic teachings properly will ensure that morality is upheld within their circle of influence, as an individual on themselves, as a head of household, in their family, and as a head of state, in their country.

Please elaborate on your question if I failed to comprehend it.

• Ahsan

Moderator January 2, 2021 at 11:46 am

My point was If I ignore biological identification and agree of an indiviual to declare the gender her or himself then how come we can reconcile gender identification and islamic rulings. Taking shirt off was an example. If a girl who identify as man and I agree to it then I have no moral ground to object here choice of taking shirt off.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register