Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Why Is The Miracle Of The Quran So Complex?

• Why Is The Miracle Of The Quran So Complex?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on January 7, 2021 at 5:49 pm

A man walking on water. A man bringing the dead back to life. A man parting the sea. A man turning a staff to a snake.

These are all clear cut miracles- a villager can understand them.

The Quran requires some philosophical reasoning to understand it. All this things of a man being in an unlettered nation for 40 years, then producing the Quran etc is a miracle contained only to those who know Arabic- those are the only people who can for sure know the veracity of this miracle.

Why is the ‘miracle’ of the Quran so complex? Why couldn’t it be simple like a levitating book?

Mohammad Yaseen replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Why Is The Miracle Of The Quran So Complex?

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 6:59 pm

In the name of Allah, the most magnificent creator.

AsI see it.

The Miracles of old are now magic tricks in the hand of David Copperfield. We have the means to replicate many “once upon a time” miracles. So, that kind of phenomenon can’t be taken as miracles in this era or the progressive future. Hence, the need for a special kind of miracle that will withstand all progress till the day of judgement.

The books which are attached to a particular time become outdated and irrelevant in the future. They are eagerly studied once and then, over time, slowly gather dust in the bookshelf. They lose their allure as they have nothing new to offer.

Quran is such a miracle that can’t be known completely and hence carries a magnetic appeal that every second, somewhere on earth, someone is studying it and finds a new mesmerizing knowledge and guidance. This is happening since day one and for over 14 centuries. This miracle cannot be replicated ever. The dynamism of the Qur’an as being the most unique book and the only one of its kind that is relevant every day till the end of time is a miracle.

Simplicity cannot hold the attention of billions for a prolonged period. The human mind has learned and also created complex things and will only be satisfied if it’s curiosity is kept alight.

Stay blessed, always.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 7:12 pm

Very nice response. But there are definitely miracles that we cannot produce today. We cannot produce a child from a virgin. We cannot turn a staff into a snake.

Egypt has new discoveries every day. Genghis khan mobilised a whole nation.

How is this an objective miracle?

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 7:50 pm

As we progress, we discover phenomena and bring the miracle down to a now known science. We have glow in the dark watches aka yadday baidha, invitro fertilization aka virgin pregnancy (remember virgin is with out sexual act), putting people into coma and waking them up a week later aka as haab al kahf (hibernation will come in the future), I have played with a plastic snake that wriggled like a snake when held horizontally and would look like a stick when held upright. (That was a toy, I bet we can make a stick into a snake too). The level of sophistication may vary like the AI robots that think and react to humans aka primitive humans etc.

Mobilizing a nation is not a miracle but leadership qualities, discovering artifacts in Egypt or their buildings shows their level of sophistication in technology in their time, again not a miracle.

Give it enough time, many miracles will be relics of Star wars saga.🙂. The Qur’ān will stand the test because it still stands. No technology or discovery or invention has come up with a even a primitive form of the Qur’ān like book yet

Stay blessed, always

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Yes but the glowing hand di not have some radiation put onto it.

There was no invitation fertilisation that took place

Hibernation does not happen for 100 years

The dead do not come to life

We cannot make inorganic matter into organic matter in the sense of a staff into a snake

What is the purpose of the miracle of the Quran when only 4% of the world speak its language?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 7:53 pm

Bringing the dead to life or levitating someone would be visible to everyone. Scientist and peasant.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:04 pm

We have imitated God’s work to a lesser degree. Plot the graph from day one and see the progress and then extrapolate into the future. The dead do come to life in some small way when the heart stops for 15 minutes and breathing stops and we start CPR and shock the dead and bring them back to life.

Remember, we are imitating in a small way and hence the impossibility of the physical recreation of a miracle has been taken away from that miracle. It is like, I can do that too. It is crude but the sparkle of the miracle has been dulled.

Isn’t it amazing that 4% speak the language and yet billions believe! Isn’t that a miracle, and a simple but yet complicated, where humans read it memorize it, recite it, live by it and yet don’t understand it. What other book is there that commands that kind of a response. Your own statements prove the miracle.

Stay blessed, always

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:16 pm

How is that a miracle? It’s just a joke that people believe in something they don’t understand.

The sparkle of a miracle such as brining a dead man alive from his grave would not be dull

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:19 pm

My apologies for not being able to convey my message.

This has become a circular argument. So I will take my leave.

Stay blessed, always.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:21 pm

Thanks for your help. I do see your point of how the Quran has created a society that has lived for 1400 years. That is surely a massive feat. I guess that would perhaps be an amazing thing. But would ‘miracle’ be the appropriate word? Especially when we see the dynamics of the belief in this book to be mostly simply due to cultural propagation

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:29 pm

Cultural propagation is indeed, also, true.

Consider what is in the book, what is the book, how it is relevant to the illiterate and also to the most intelligent scholar at the same time belonging to all cultures and eras. How should we classify this phenomenon?

🙂🤲

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Would we classify this effect as an objective proof of it being a miracle?

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:38 pm

To me, this classifies as a miracle.

🙂🤲

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:39 pm

Great- helps me ponder more deeply. I hope I wasn’t rude when I called it a joke- but I think if we paradigm shift ourselves to an outside observer it does seem a tad weird that we recite something and don’t understand it. Just my thoughts

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor January 7, 2021 at 8:41 pm

You make me smile, always.

You haven’t been rude at all.

Stay blessed, always. 🙂🤲

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register