Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is Praying Backwards For A Joke To Make A Video Haram?

• Is Praying Backwards For A Joke To Make A Video Haram?

Posted by Mohammed Ali on February 19, 2021 at 11:21 pm

i recently saw this video online of this guy praying backwards in a video and according to him it was a joke. But to me, personally it seems wrong. it feels as though its mocking salah. Please look at the image attached. If its not permissable or is permissable, can I have sources from Hadith or the Quran please.

Nadeem replied 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is Praying Backwards For A Joke To Make A Video Haram?

Nadeem updated 3 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator February 19, 2021 at 11:34 pm

If it offends you, please skip it and move on. There’s no reason to analyze every action by others as right or wrong in the light of religion.

Also please see the following to understand the principles of determining halal and haram. I suggest that if you spend some time in understanding this concept, it will save you a lot of time and effort whenever you want to determine anything haram/halal.

Discussion 1749

• Nadeem

Member February 20, 2021 at 8:19 am

To my understanding Haram means prohibited. What he is doing doesn’t come into the category of haram or halal, as he is just mocking the religion for some notoriety and worldly gains. It doesn’t matter to Allah what he is doing. He is putting himself in trouble. This shows his understanding of religion and respect of Allah. Making this public making it worse for him.

We can certainly say that what he is doing is not right; it is childish.

I agree with Faisal, we shouldn’t spend our time on such petty things. It actually gives them more attention and encourages them to do more of such things. We should respectfully and kindly tell such people the right thing and move on. Ignoring them helps too.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register