Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Ask Ghamidi App – How To Go Back To The List?

• Ask Ghamidi App – How To Go Back To The List?

Posted by Nadeem Minhas on July 5, 2021 at 2:09 pm

When I browse through discussion topics to a page beyond the first page, then open a topic, then I try to return to the list, the app takes me back to page 1. I have to go through pages and pages once again before I find the location where I left off.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Ask Ghamidi App – How To Go Back To The List?

• Zayf Shakir

Member July 5, 2021 at 4:08 pm

Yes, i agree and developer should fix this as soon as possible! Otherwise its a great platform for learning. Thanks for creating this. 🙂

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 4:40 pm

If in the bottom toolbar you click the back button (arrow pointing left), it should take you back to the list as it was loaded.

Please see:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y17THx66re-Le2yqyBd75QIELtiXHWrE/view?usp=drivesdk

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 7:12 pm

Thank you Faisal for your reply and the video. The behavior shown in the video doesn’t work on my cell phone. It takes me back all the way at the bottom of page 1.

I am using Samsung Galaxy A70

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 7:18 pm

I believe I tried this from various locations in the app, but for sure I tried just now a few times from the list displayed at the home page.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 7:30 pm

That’s not how the app is designed to function, and as shown in the video above, it normally doesn’t. If you have this issue, it could mean that your phone is low on memory so it removes the last screen from cache and reloads it when you go back. Alternatively, some settings on your device could be causing this behavior.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Faisal, I just checked. It is the same behavior on a Windows PC. It goes back at the bottom of page 1. I tried this using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browser.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 7:42 pm

Browser on Windows PC and the app are not the same – they use completely different code.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 5, 2021 at 9:05 pm

Faisal, I don’t mean to be nag, but I have now tried on many mobiles and tablets… all androids. It is the same behavior as I described above. Hopefully someone else would soon confirm the same behavior soon.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 5, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Ok thank you for testing it out on different devices. We’ll test it on our end too. If it’s something that can be fixed, will definitely do so.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register