Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Ghusl When The Time Is Running Out

Tagged: 

• Ghusl When The Time Is Running Out

Posted by Yusuf on July 28, 2021 at 7:44 am

Woke up late in sexual impurity due to wet dream and have missed the prayer…should i do ghusl first or should i perform wudu and pray….and what is ruling if only 5 minutes are left for that particular prayer time is over…what should be the priority in that case.

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ghusl When The Time Is Running Out

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator July 28, 2021 at 8:55 am

If a ghusl is required then it should be performed before offering the salat.

• Yusuf

Member August 2, 2021 at 9:16 pm

Here ghamidi sb is saying we can do tayammum instead of ghusl even when ghusl is wajib in difficult situations. Please explain…does this means we should do ghusl when we are able to do even when time is running out…but if we are not able to perform ghusl because of some difficulty…like traveling or when water is not available..we can do tayammum instead of ghusl…is my understanding correct?

https://youtu.be/G6l8K9NlM9M

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator August 2, 2021 at 9:47 pm

In principle, the secondary form of any ‘ibadah’ is undertaken when there’s undue hardship (mushaqat, usr). What constitutes a hardship is left up to the individual.

If someone overslept by mistake, the salat that they offer after waking up is not ‘qadha’ to begin with. Instead of ‘wudu’ if ‘ghusl’ is required in order to perform the salat then ‘ghusl’ should be performed and the salat will still be ‘ada’, not ‘qadha’.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register