Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Barbaric Beheadings Of Sahaba

• Barbaric Beheadings Of Sahaba

Posted by Tamzid Al Hasan on August 20, 2021 at 6:05 am

It is mentioned in Bukhari that Khalid Ibn Walid beheaded a person who refused to pay zakat and unconventionally married/ raped his wife according to some sources provided by Al -Tabari. Another incident suggest that Umar beheaded a person because that person refused to obey Muhammad’s ruling on certain matter and came to Umar for the judgment. I know historical accounts can’t be trusted completely and have many holes in them. But these incident has survived in the most reliable of sources. What’s your thoughts on these matter?

Ali Shaikh replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • 9 Replies
  • Barbaric Beheadings Of Sahaba

Ali Shaikh updated 3 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Ali Shaikh

Member August 20, 2021 at 7:54 am

Assalamualaikum, Can you please provide reference of all those incidents.

• Tamzid Al Hasan

Member August 21, 2021 at 8:03 am

Sorry, I think the incident isn’t mentioned in the Bukhari. In chapter of zakat of Sahih Bukhari, Caliph Abu Bakr had been recorded saying -‘ I will fight those who don’t give zakat.’ The main incident mentioned in Tarikh of Tabari – a person named Malik ibn Nuwerya was beheaded by Khalid Ibn Walid with the approval of Caliph Abu Bakr. I was caught into the speech of fake- shiite Imam Tawhidi (also known as Imam of peace) who (I later discovereded) is a clandestine Islamophoebe. Later I found that Malik ibn Nuwerya was actually killed by Khalid because of treason in a time of instability during the caliphate of Abu Bakr. And regarding the incident of Umar beheading a person because of his refusal to obey Muhammad’s ruling – I don’t know the source but I heard it from someone doing waz when I was much younger.

You can add something if you want to add and share your thoughts.

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 21, 2021 at 9:13 am
    • Tamzid Al Hasan

Member August 23, 2021 at 3:49 am

I assume you’ve watched the video. What’s your thoughts about this clandestine islamophoebe Tawhidi? And another thing What’s Ghamidi Sahb’s opinion on the killing of Malik Ibn Nuwerya? I heard that there was a dispute between Abu Bakr and Umar regarding the killing!

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 23, 2021 at 5:38 am

At 25:43 he denied after life. What can we expect more this man. Anyway you can watch this https://youtu.be/wIHegz9MJ6M

I don’t know what Ghamdi sab thinks about it but here’s something I got !

https://mahajjah.com/khalid-bin-walid-and-the-alledged-killing-of-malik-bin-nuwayrah/

• Ali Shaikh

Member August 23, 2021 at 5:46 am

Here’s Engineer Sahabs opinion on this

https://youtu.be/OceI_yeU21M

• Ahsan

Moderator August 20, 2021 at 8:29 am

Always provide reference to such reportings.

If I remember correctly, all these narrations are considered zayif. Tabari used many weak narrations in his commentary. One should be cautious while reading Tabari

• Tamzid Al Hasan

Member August 21, 2021 at 8:04 am

Sorry, I think the incident isn’t mentioned in the Bukhari. In chapter of zakat of Sahih Bukhari, Caliph Abu Bakr had been recorded saying -‘ I will fight those who don’t give zakat.’ The main incident mentioned in Tarikh of Tabari – a person named Malik ibn Nuwerya was beheaded by Khalid Ibn Walid with the approval of Caliph Abu Bakr. I was caught into the speech of fake- shiite Imam Tawhidi (also known as Imam of peace) who (I later discovereded) is a clandestine Islamophoebe. Later I found that Malik ibn Nuwerya was actually killed by Khalid because of treason in a time of instability during the caliphate of Abu Bakr. And regarding the incident of Umar beheading a person because of his refusal to obey Muhammad’s ruling – I don’t know the source but I heard it from someone doing waz when I was much younger.

You can add something if you want to add and share your thoughts.

• Ahsan

Moderator August 23, 2021 at 12:45 am

For Hazrat Umer Inicident, I am sharing an excerpt from Ghamidi sb writing

Here, someone might also refer to oft-related incident in which ‘Umar (rta) is reported to have struck off the head of a man who refused to accept the Prophet’s legal verdict on a certain occasion. Our ‘ulama relate this incident from the pulpits and directly encourage people to show the same attitude as reflected in the narrative towards those whom they perceive as blasphemers of the Prophet (sws). However, the fact is that not just the first and second degree of Hadith collections (in terms of authenticity) but also the third degree works are devoid of this narrative. Even Ibn Jarir al-Ṭabari, who often relates narratives in all categories, has not regarded it worthy of consideration. This narrative comes from a gharib (with isolated chain of narrators) and mursal (with omissions in the chain) Hadith that has been cited by some exegetes in their commentaries; however, those acquainted to some extent with Hadith sciences have clarified that, in the chain, its attribution to Ibn ‘Abbas (rta) is absolutely implausible. Moreover, in the sanads of Ibn Mardawayh and Ibn Abi Hatim, the narrator Ibn Lahi‘ah is dai‘if (“weak”).[5] The view that exegetes relate this very narrative also as shan-e nuzul (an occasion for the revelation) of Q. 4:65 is also ill-founded. Although this verse of Surah Nisa’ is not in want of description of any reason of revelation, yet, quite contrary to this one, the narrative that Imam Bukhari and other leading scholars of Hadith have related as the occasion of revelation for this verse and which narrative is often cited by exegetes is one that pertains to a water dispute between the Prophet’s paternal cousin, Zubayr, and a person from the Ansar. When the matter was presented to the Prophet (sws), he told Zubayr to irrigate his field and leave the remaining water for the Ansari. The Ansari immediately retorted by saying: “O Prophet of Allah, is this because Zubayr is your cousin?” This highly impudent remark was clearly an imputation of injustice and nepotism. Therefore, it is related that the Prophet’s face changed colour, but he did not say anything save repeating his statement with more clarity and decreed that the water be retained up to the edges of the field and the rest be left for the Ansari.[6]

Copied from this thread Discussion 1278

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register