Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Tradition Attributed To Omar R.A

• Tradition Attributed To Omar R.A

Posted by Mumin Ahmad on October 19, 2021 at 8:17 pm

Assalamualaikum

Recently I came across a tradition attributed to Omar R.A (on the internet) according to which he said “Learn Arabic for it strengthens the mind and enhances chivalry”

Is it authentic?

Deleted User 7113 replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Tradition Attributed To Omar R.A

• Ahsan

Moderator October 21, 2021 at 1:22 pm
  • Mumin Ahmad

Member October 21, 2021 at 1:50 pm

Yes, this is exactly where I came across this tradition.

My question is that are these authentic?

• Deleted User 7113

Member October 21, 2021 at 7:44 pm

Hazrat Umar was an Arab. He lived in arabia. Everyone used to speak Arabic . To whom he should have said to learn Arabic. Did he mean any specific Arabic language? Were non Arab countries conquered during Hazrat Umar’s time? I am not sure.

• Ahsan

Moderator October 22, 2021 at 12:13 am

Since I am not aware of any work associated with checking it authencity. Hence will not comment on it.
    However, in the link they have reported many version of it which shows that it is spoken in the context of language of Quran. Learning Arabic will enhance understanding of Quran.
    Thats my understanding.

• Deleted User 7113

Member October 22, 2021 at 12:23 am

Learning Arabic by non-Arabs will definitely enhance understanding of Quran as is the case with me. But it can’t be part of deen nor it can be forced upon anybody. However one should try to know the meaning of verses which are recited during namaz so that he can understand namaz. Otherwise namaz loses its spirituality though it fulfills the obligation and farz.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register