Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Domination Of Christians Over Jews (Quran 3:55-57)

• Domination Of Christians Over Jews (Quran 3:55-57)

Posted by Jazeb Tariq on January 9, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Aslamu Alaikum,

Surah Al-Imran Verses 55-57 talk about Jesus PBUH being lifted to heavens. His followers being given superiority over those who did not follow him (eg. Jews) until the day of Judgement (based on Al-Bayan Translation). However, if we look at the state of the world today, Jewish people are in better political position compared to Muslims and even Christians to some extent. So how is that justified?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Domination Of Christians Over Jews (Quran 3:55-57)

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator January 10, 2022 at 1:35 am

Please refer to the following response by Ghamidi Sahab:

Discussion 37972 • Reply 37978

• Jazeb Tariq

Member January 10, 2022 at 6:07 am

I just watched the video response of Ghamidi Sahab to this question. Quran mentions that the followers of Jesus PBUH are going to be superior to the Non-followers so based on that it is Muslims that are true followers of Jesus PBUH and should be the ones at political advantage over Bani-Israel. Christians are not truly following the teachings of Jesus PBUH.

But even if for argument’s sake we say that Christian are truly following Jesus PBUH that still does not disqualify Muslims as true followers as well. So based on that Muslims should still he superior to Bani-Israel. What are your thoughts?

• Jazeb Tariq

Member January 13, 2022 at 11:23 pm

Thank you once again for responding! I love Ghamidi Sahab and his teachings but I think the answer to this question seems to be a bit of a stretch. Still not sure why Muslims would not be included in the followers of Jesus PBUH. But my understanding could be wrong. Thank you so much for making an effort to explain 🙂

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator January 14, 2022 at 1:13 am

As Hassan sahab explained in his audio and also Ghamidi sahab alluded to, the context as well as the words of the Quran only allow the application of this verse to a specific group of people that we know as Christians today.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register