Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Punishment In Case Of Not Following The Uswa-e-Hasanah Of Prophet Muhammad (sws)

• Punishment In Case Of Not Following The Uswa-e-Hasanah Of Prophet Muhammad (sws)

Abdur Rahman updated 2 years ago 3 Members · 9 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 3, 2022 at 3:42 am

You need to define Uswa Hasna.

To us, uswa e Hasanah is the best way to perform religious duties and moral values. One is not compelled to meet that level of the Uswa in every act however one should try to meet it. But if one is fulfilling his or her obligations and is not immoral, he is technically a good servant of God and he will not be answerable for not performing his duties and other moral acts at the level of uswa e Hasanah

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 4, 2022 at 12:39 pm

Jazakallahu Khair Dr Irfan, for the clarification about uswa hasna.

What about the uswa hasanah’s which are outside the four categories of sunnah (Discussion 49769 • Reply 49794)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 4, 2022 at 7:46 pm

If your question is about the habits of the prophet then it is the matter of one’s choice and Zauq to adopt his habits too as the affiliation with the person sometimes urges.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 6, 2022 at 1:37 pm

If all the narrations which are outside the Meezan’s book are considered as Habits of prophet then YES, my question is about the habits of prophet.

So, I will rephrase my question:

Hypothetically considering the following case’s below for narrations which are outside the Meezan’s list of sunnah and Meezan’s uswa hasanah.

Case 1 : Follow some and don’t follow some of the habits

Case 2 : Totally don’t follow the habits.

Case 3 : Some scholars say that wearing western clothes, keeping short beard etc as sign of dislike of prophetic habits.

In all the above cases would the person be categorized as disliker of prophetic habits ? or sinner ? or munafiq ?

Also, please let me know the book shops for getting Meezan book in India.

Jazakallahu Khaira.

• Nadeem

Member October 6, 2022 at 2:09 pm

If I may add my opinion to this.

I believe trying to follow Uswa Hasna of our prophet in religious and moral matters is an obligation for us that is imposed by Allah upon us as mentioned in Quran. We will never reach the level of our prophet, but we should try. If we are not able to reach that level and our sins are less than our good deeds then there is no punishment for us.

Regarding matters of personal choice, like what our prophet liked to eat, what type of home he liked, what color of clothes he wore, what kind of bed he slept, how many times he ate, how he took shower, etc. None of these are religious obligations are optional or required for us. But if someone loves our prophet so much as to eat the same things, wear the same clothes, have the same type of hair cut, or travel on a camel etc. then perhaps there will be a little “Swab” for doing this for a good practicing Muslim.

But if a person is not a good Muslim and not taking care of the important obligations regarding Allah’s and human rights, then there is no Swab following nonreligious Aswa Hasna of prophet.

To make prophet happy and to show the love of our prophet it is important to understand and follow the message of Allah that he delivered to us in the form of Quran. Showing the love of Allah and praising Allah all the time means showing the love and respect to our prophet too.

Just praising and celebrating our prophet all the time and not following Quran and ignoring praising Allah may get us in trouble.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 6, 2022 at 10:16 pm

Cultural and personal habit of the prophets may or may not be followed as per the practicality and taste and sense of affiliation of the person. For example, it is not practical to use camels for riding now or use sandals in the workplace. On the other hand one may like to use Miswaak to brush one’s teeth and it is possible. So all depends.

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 7, 2022 at 10:24 am

Well said ThumbsupDr Irfan and Brother Nadeem.

I am trying to understand the concept of sunnah from different angles so stumbled upon this article of sunnah tashriyyah and ghair tashriyyah (http://www.muslimtents.com/aminahsworld/Islamic_jurisprudence_sunnah.html)

Is this also correct ? or Is it different from what ghamidi sir says about sunnah.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar October 9, 2022 at 3:15 am

Ghamidi saheb’s definition of Sunnah is elaborated in his book Meezan and his term for sunnah is different from others. Kindly consult his book and see the topic on Sunnah .

• Abdur Rahman

Member October 10, 2022 at 11:31 pm

Jazakallahu khair, In sha allah will go through it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register