Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Differences In Quran's Arabic And Modern Day Arabic

Tagged: ,

• Differences In Quran's Arabic And Modern Day Arabic

Posted by Taimur Mughal on December 25, 2022 at 6:36 am

My question is ; when I look at Modern standaard arabic, & then try to understand Quran ; I see that there is a difficulty because there are words in quran that are no longer used in MSA! How and where can I find the true meaning of these quranic words & can you recommend any books or sources to learn the true meaning of these words of quran? So that when I read the pure arabic verses that I at least can understand it in entirely. So basically the vocabulary of the Quran & their true meaning; I guess they have more than 1 meaning.

Thank you.

Umer replied 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Differences In Quran's Arabic And Modern Day Arabic

Umer updated 1 year, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 25, 2022 at 10:24 pm

Quran is revealed in classic Arabic. The books on old poetry and sermons, a major portion of Ahadith are the sources of this language. The dictionaries like Aqrab al Mwaarid, Lisaan al Arab, etc are the treasure of the vocabulary of this language.

Words always have more than one meaning, but their use in a sentence determines what meaning it is intended. An unequivocal expression does not allow to have multiple meanings of a sentence on the basis of multiple meanings of a word. For details, see the chapter ‘Principles of Understanding Quran’ in the book “Mizan” by Javed Ahmed Ghamidi.

https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/mizan

• Umer

Moderator December 26, 2022 at 1:29 am

Principles of Understanding Quran (Text plus Video Lectures):

Discussion 55737

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register