A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Repentance For Sins Done In A Pre-planned Manner

• Repentance For Sins Done In A Pre-planned Manner

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on December 26, 2022 at 11:30 am

Hello there, Assalaam u alaykum.

My question is that there is a video of Ghamidi Sahab

https://youtu.be/mzF2SadO72Q

Here he said that “Agar mansooba bandı ke Liye esa karega toh uska İslam uske moon par mardiya Jayega”

What did he mean here? Is it like anyone who accepts Islam just to sort of clear himself from past without intending to change his ways, that such Islam would be returned to him? Just like a person not sincerely correcting himself up, but just does an external utterance of word or change of label of religion, thinking that this is enough, and for such man, taubah won’t be accepted

Or did he mean that anyone who does sins intending that Allah is forgiving and I’ll do taubah later after doing this sin, then his taubah won’t be accepted because while doing the sin he had in his mind that he will do taubah later and Allah is forgiving?

If he meant the second explanation, I mean if someone while being attacked by his desire does a sin, they do have a sort of feeling that Allah is forgiving and merciful and he would inshallah forgive me if after doing the sin i sincerely mend my ways and i won’t do it again. I mean every person who does a sin mostly, has a feeling of relief in heart that Allah is forgiving after he stops it and does taubah, so would that taubah done after that not be acceptable to Allah? Like this?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 9 months ago 2 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Repentance For Sins Done In A Pre-planned Manner

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 9 months ago 2 Members · 15 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 26, 2022 at 10:49 pm

This is about the second explanation you put. Taubah with planning does not deserve forgiveness. This is about big sins. One cannot be as conscious of small sins as one can be of big sins.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 27, 2022 at 12:45 am

@Irfan76 but sir people do almost have everytime in mind that Allah is most forgiving. I mean when someone is committing a sin, whether big or small, while committing it, don’t they have in mind a hope in mercy of Allah? Like even if after this sin, my sins would be forgiven if i sincerely repent.

And secondly sir, when someone is attacked by his emotions and becomes weak and does sin but just at the moment of doing sin, or beginning it, they have in mind hope in mercy of Allah. Isn’t this man relatively better than the person who when attacked by same emotions, does that sin, totally without thinking or having hope in Allah. Like the person who is generally not mindful of Allah at all

I mean if both equally mend their ways for Allah, with equal sincerity not to do that again. Just because the first person had already in mind the concept and mercy of Allah and hope in Allah, his taubah won’t be accepted?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 27, 2022 at 1:50 am

Both your questions have been answered by God in the Quran. God is not obliged to do what people think. People need to know His justice:

لَّيْسَ بِأَمَانِيِّكُمْ وَلَا أَمَانِيِّ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ ۗ مَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا يُجْزَ بِهِ وَلَا يَجِدْ لَهُ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا

[It should remain clear to you that success in the Hereafter] is neither dependent on your desires nor on those of the People of the Book. [Certainly not!] In fact, he who does evil will be punished for it, and will find none against God to be his protector and helper.

And he who does a virtue, whether man or woman and also has faith, then such are the people who will enter the Paradise of God and they will not suffer the slightest injustice. (4:123)

The criteria of Taubah for those who commit a sin in the flow of emotions and those who stick to it deliberately:

إِنَّمَا التَّوْبَةُ عَلَى اللَّهِ لِلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ السُّوءَ بِجَهَالَةٍ ثُمَّ يَتُوبُونَ مِن قَرِيبٍ فَأُولَٰئِكَ يَتُوبُ اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِمْ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا ‎

‏ وَلَيْسَتِ التَّوْبَةُ لِلَّذِينَ يَعْمَلُونَ السَّيِّئَاتِ حَتَّىٰ إِذَا حَضَرَ أَحَدَهُمُ الْمَوْتُ قَالَ إِنِّي تُبْتُ الْآنَ وَلَا الَّذِينَ يَمُوتُونَ وَهُمْ كُفَّارٌ ۚ أُولَٰئِكَ أَعْتَدْنَا لَهُمْ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا

[It should, however, remain clear that] God’s responsibility to forgive is only for those who commit a sin while being overwhelmed with emotions and then repent soon. So, it is they to whom God shows His mercy and accepts their repentance and God is All-Knowing and Wise.

On the contrary, there is no repentance for those who sin all their lives and, when the time of death approaches for any of them, he says: “Now I do repent!” Similarly, there is no repentance for those also who die as disbelievers. It is these for whom We have prepared a grievous punishment. (4: 17-18)

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 27, 2022 at 4:11 am

@Irfan76 okay sir but can you explain to me how would this Ayah apply, with some examples?

What i understand from this in totality is that the responsibility that Allah took to forgive those are the ones that get overwhelmed with emotions and commit sin and then repent immediately as the condition of emotional weakness goes away, and whether while committing sin, they were thinking that Allah would forgive him if he repent or he was totally unmindful of Allah at that time, because of strong desire.

For example a person A who was going through phone, then suddenly something sinful comes up, and a such a strong emotional desire came that he started losing himself with desire and then committed sin without thinking further, another person B who goes through same scenario and same emotions, losing control on himself up, but in the back of the mind had this thought or understanding that “Allah is merciful” and a subconscious level aim that just as his emotionally overwhelmed state goes over and he gains control, he would repent. So what i understand is that both of their taubah is acceptable, because they both did not became rebellious of Allah but were only overwhelmed and weakened by desire.

But the case of the man who is in open rebellion against Allah like, person thinking “I’ll do what I want and leave what Allah wants” “Areyy choro Kiya Allah Chahta hai, Kiya nahi. Mein toh wohi karunga Jo mujhe karna hai” or not caring for Allah. Doing sin not out of emotional weakness but due to refusing to submit to Allah’s will. For that man who does like that, their is no repentance for him until he sincerely repents from this attitude and submits to Allah. The example of the person would be the one who does not changes his rebellious behavior but just says taubah for the bad deeds he did in the state of that rebellion, like a person doing sin out of rebellion thinking that i would in the end and later just clear myself up by saying taubah, his sins were not done in state of overwhelming but in state of rebellious behavior, and planning of taubah was done in state of that rebellion, just to sugar coat things up and clear up things, without submitting to Allah. Those repentances are not true repentance.

I mean the words “preplanning” made me understood that any thought of taubah during or just before the sin, would make that taubah invalid. But as i see now that it’s not the thought or understanding of mercy or intention of taubah before/during the sin that is the principle, it is actually the difference of submission in that behavior. Like both Person B and the rebellious person do the same, thinking about taubah and intending it before/during sin, but the person B’s taubah is acceptable because his behavior is not rebellious but the sin was because of overwhelming. But rebellious person reason is rebellion, so even if under that rebellious behavior he thinks that he’ll clear the sin counter by a taubah then his taubah is not acceptable because of this persistence in rebellion and lack of humility and submission and turning to Allah

Am i understanding right sir? If not please explain me with examples

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 27, 2022 at 9:45 pm

There can be many cases, where emotions and planning can intermingle, they have to be seen from case to case, that is why God has not mentioned them, just told the two broad categories. what falls in between them will be judged by God on merit, with justice and mercy.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 28, 2022 at 2:08 am

@Irfan76 okay sir, sir can you please explain what would preplanning constitute? Would it be the rebellious behavior which promoted him to take all the fun and delay his tawbah to a much much later. Like saari Umar gunnah aur haram khayenge aur burhaape me tawbah karke saaf hojayenge. Does it mean this case? Or it means that i person knows while doing a sin that Allah is merciful and a subconscious realization that he would do tawbah. I mean intending tawbah while during or before sin when he started to lose himself?

Because this latter case i mentioned, every learned person of religion, who knows about Allah’s forgiveness and the procedure of tawbah. Cannot remove this subconscious information and it’s ultimate thoughts that what he has to do after this (when he is weakened and indulged in sin, and while sinning, he knows that he would do tawbah after this inshallah)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 28, 2022 at 9:59 pm

There is a little difference in both the cases if any. The cases can be innumerable, and God will deal with them accordingly with justice. Our focus should be on sincerity. Let God deal with all the cases.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 29, 2022 at 9:57 pm

@Irfan76 sir i meant what would essentially constitute the preplanning tawbah which we say would be rejected? Is it case one or two? And sir please can you define what essentially constitutes, that makes it not acceptable

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 29, 2022 at 10:14 pm

It is preplanning of committing sin which is unacceptable.

Both the cases are preplanning. both are unacceptable. God is not bound to do what one wants Him to do.

لَّيْسَ بِأَمَانِيِّكُمْ وَلَا أَمَانِيِّ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ ۗ مَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءًا يُجْزَ بِهِ وَلَا يَجِدْ لَهُ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلِيًّا وَلَا نَصِيرًا

[It should remain clear to you that success in the Hereafter] is neither dependent on your desires nor on those of the People of the Book. [Certainly not!] In fact, he who does evil will be punished for it, and will find none against God to be his protector and helper. (4:123)

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 29, 2022 at 10:40 pm

@Irfan76 ah sir i guess i couldn’t clear my point, i was not saying about making up mind to do sin before even someone is overwhelmed by desire or something. Like a planning to do sin in future. I was telling that one is starting to become overwhelmed with feelings and desire at that moment and is losing himself, at that time if he can’t control himself (also has in mind that just as this condition is over, I’ll repent) and he loses himself and commit sin. I am talking about this case

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 30, 2022 at 2:59 am

When one is overwhelmed with emotions, one’s mind still works, it does not stop thinking, but it gets too humble in the flow of emotions. Now, let God decide, who is actually overwhelmed and whose planning is more in play. we need to be careful and if we commit a sin, God forbid, we should repent immediately.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 6, 2023 at 10:20 am

@Irfan76 sir does it mean that if someone does a sin in a preplanned manner that I’ll do sin then I’ll repent after this one and I’ll avoid it from next time. this thing taubah that he does after doing this sin, will not be accepted and he’ll bear the burden of sin. so basically does it means that once a sin is done with such a planning that tawbah would be done after sin, there’s no forgiveness or way to attain repentance for this guy and clear himself up?? he has no way left now?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 7, 2023 at 4:24 am

No. God has made clear that sin done in the state of overwhelming followed by repentance immediately, will be forgiven for sure, but the one who kept doing sins till his time of death, will not be forgiven. For the ones in between them, God gave no verdict. It shows that their cases will be judged from case to case.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member December 7, 2023 at 10:06 am

@Irfan76 okay sir so it means that his repentance is not closed even after this type of Istikbar of preplanning a sin until he reaches death, am i right?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar December 8, 2023 at 1:29 am

yes

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register