Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Differences Of Terminology Regarding Matters Of Acts

• Differences Of Terminology Regarding Matters Of Acts

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on May 16, 2023 at 10:47 pm

hello there,

my question is that when we say that such person takes payment for leading prayers. we just say this literally and we say that in reality the meaning of it is that it is the payment for the time and energy, not for the act of leading prayer itself. because act of leading prayer can only be done when the person himself is praying and a person cannot earn money on prayer or a worship.

but in daily life matters, or worldly matters, or doing any action which is not done for Allah. like teaching someone maths. helping my friend by dropping him at home. if it is literally said and also meant in reality that this action (in itself) is done for worldly purpose (pleasing that person, or earn money for it). İs it okay?

in other words if someone does a duty related to worship, taking payment or any other benefit on that worship or that action itself (leading prayer) is not allowed. but it is allowed to take benefit for the fixed time and energy for performing that duty. So now, for example in case of, helping my friend to drop him at home or any other thing to help him, is it okay to get worldly benefit from this action itself (helping my friend)? or is the same frame is to be taken into consideration in the. example of imamat? like i cannot earn money, or his pleasure on this action itself (helping the friend) but on the time and energy used up for this action?

if i do helping of friend, only so that when he feels the ease of it or some benefit from my help then he would be pleased from me, is it okay?

is the same frame of concept required for helping a friend, as it is required for imamat? or for these matters it is no problem?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 11 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Differences Of Terminology Regarding Matters Of Acts

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 16, 2023 at 11:50 pm

These two cases are not analogous in any way. To please someone is a good act, so no question about its beign allowed or not, and to do a duty, even if a religious one, is allowed to have a monetary compensation against the time it demands.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member May 16, 2023 at 11:59 pm

yes sir, i was just confused that as if i do something helpful to others, and i want to please them DİRECTLY by that act itself, or earn their love by it. or for example recieve some money gift from them. not by the way that my time and energy was invested in helping you. but by the act itself directly. so it’s totally allowed? and there’s no such frame required in it that is required in ways of worship acts? that money or worldly benefit is not asked directly on that act but on time the act took etc.

because when i earn someone’s love as a worldly gain, by helping them. they don’t love me merely because of the time and effort it took but because i helped them. so the act itself (helping them) is being used as a vector for that worldly gain, not the time or energy being used as vector (as in case of worship duties). so it’s totally allowed to earn someone pleasure and love or money directly by act of helping them? (ie. helping a friend to drop him at home from university)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 17, 2023 at 12:18 am

Yes of course, if you earn love for your help, it is ok, if you demand monetary compensation it is ok. The question should arise when there is something immoral or unethical involved and this your sense of morality indicates.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register