Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Understanding Riya From Point Of View Of Worldly Events

• Understanding Riya From Point Of View Of Worldly Events

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on February 22, 2024 at 12:23 pm

please read it slowly to understand my question.

taking benefit from one’s worship that comes under Riya, only occurs when the listener (who’s pleasure is intended) understands and his brain consciously thinks of it, then this worldly result manifests (this person starts to think high of the worshipper or feels feelings of pleasure related to the worshipper).

The central markaz from where the worship plays it’s role to produce these worldly result of pleasure, is the concious part of brain of listener.
    in an explanation : When the man doing Riya tells about his worship -> the listener listens and then makes sense of this information in his mind, he thinks about this reality consciously -> then he starts to get feelings of being impressed or thinking high of the worshipper
    my question is that there are only some worldly results that are achieved this way considered Riya and sin but there are many other worldly results that happen such way we don’t consider them sin.
    an example of latter, when going to NADRA for getting a cnic. we have to fill out our credentials and in it there is a clause where we have to write our religion, which in turn is used by the clerk to enter data and information about our religion. Without mentioning the religion the form is not acceptable. so every Muslim person filling out this credential has an intention in mind that “the clerk sees this and thinks that I’m a Muslim (believer in tawhid and other tenets), and after thinking this, as a result of this thinking he would proceed to enter this information in computer and in turn my application would proceed and I’ll get CNIC”.
    now if we break it down like above. A Muslim tells that he is Muslim -> this makes the cleric think and understand it’s reality that the person Infront of me is a believer in Allah and other tenets -> this causes him to proceed ahead and write “Islam” in religion clause in data entry.
    Now these 2 examples totally are identical in terms of occurrence.
    1) A thing only meant for Allah (worship, in former example; Belief in Allah and tenets, in latter ) is told about to a listener2) the listener processes this information and reaches a conclusion in his brain (“this person did worship” in former ; “this person believes in Allah” in the latter)3) This thing causes some worldly result to manifest (The listener getting impressed or pleased, in the former example ; the cleric typing “Islam” in data)
    Both examples are identical in the break-up. both examples result in a worldly result, which is not ultimately intended to please Allah. Then why one example is considered sinful and other is considered not sinful? what is the foundation that is found in Islam from where the former example is separated from latter? please explain so that i can grasp the understanding.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Understanding Riya From Point Of View Of Worldly Events

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 22, 2024 at 11:27 pm

The primary intention is not to please others. Thar is why it is not riyajari. Such things are side effects and seen as they are.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 22, 2024 at 11:40 pm

@Irfan76 but sir someone who primarily prayed namaz of Allah only. later seeing that an elder is giving pocket money to those who prayed recent namaz. so in such situation if he deliberately mentions his praying of namaz, in hopes of getting pocket money. we say that it is riyakari and sin? even though the namaz is done before, the primary aim was Allah’s pleasure. because while doing it the pocket money did not have any effect on occurrence of namaz. i mean this contradiction in principles is confusing me, please help me

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 26, 2024 at 4:22 am

If money becomes primary it is riyakari in this matter even after the act is done.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member February 26, 2024 at 4:41 am

@Irfan76 sir like if someone prays tahajjud, then later tells his elder about it in hopes of getting money. you said it won’t okay if mentioning it money is not his primary intention. how will we know if it is his primary intention or not because the act is already done so we can’t apply the rule that if money is taken out, will he still have done that action? because this action has already been done(while doing he did not have any other intention accept pleasing Allah). so how to know how the primary intention in ‘that specific action ‘

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar February 28, 2024 at 11:51 pm

The person who does it only he knows about his intentions.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register