Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Women Going Out?

Tagged: , ,

• Women Going Out?

Posted by Areum Sattar on March 24, 2024 at 10:14 am

Aurto ka bahie jny bry me h quran me k aurtein ghr rhein mgr aurtein b to bahir jana chhti ha apny dosto se meel jul rkhna wagera agr wo sara din ghr rhein gi to depression ka shikr b hojti ha is bry me kya raye ha ghamidi sahib ki ?

Saad replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Women Going Out?

Saad updated 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Sarim Raza

Member March 24, 2024 at 10:13 pm

Here is the reference of the verse you quoted above: Qur’an 33:33

This directive is given to the noble wives because of the status and responsibilities they had: they were not to go out of their houses heavily dressed up the way wives of rich people of the age of jāhiliyyah did. In fact, they were to try not even to go out of their homes because of the circumstances they were encountering. This was because the hypocrites were trying day and night to scandalize their lives. This directive did not relate to common Muslim women. They could go out of their houses at that time whenever they wanted keeping in view their needs and circumstances and even today too. Adorning themselves before strangers is however prohibited for them because in Sūrah al-Nūr the Almighty had bade them thus. Here, this much has become further evident that embellishing themselves before unknown men is the custom of the jāhiliyyah period and does not relate to a society envisaged by Islam.

• Areum Sattar

Member July 5, 2024 at 1:42 am

But i have heard scholars sayingg that İTS FOR THE MOTHER OF WİVES we have to follow them so we should not go out ?

• Saad

Contributor July 5, 2024 at 4:35 am

Have you even read the verses yourself?

O wives of the Prophet, you are not like anyone among women. If you fear Allāh, then do not be soft in speech [to men], lest he in whose heart is disease should covet, but speak with appropriate speech. And abide in your houses and do not display yourselves as [was] the display of the former times of ignorance. And establish prayer and give zakāh and obey Allāh and His Messenger. Allāh intends only to remove from you the impurity [of sin], O people of the [Prophet’s] household, and to purify you with [extensive] purification.And remember what is recited in your houses of the verses of Allāh and wisdom. Indeed, Allāh is ever Subtle and Aware.

(Qur’an 33:32-34)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register