Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Crypro Perpetual Futures Contract

• Crypro Perpetual Futures Contract

Posted by Uzair Khalil on May 20, 2024 at 12:20 pm

Is it permissible to trade zero-sum financial instrument like perpetual futures where there is no exchange of underlying assets and people gain profits based on someone’s loss?

Muhammad Hamza replied 1 month ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • Crypro Perpetual Futures Contract

Muhammad Hamza updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 13 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 20, 2024 at 8:26 pm

The principle of trade is that there should be no deception nor harm. This kind of trade seems dubious and nothing is actually traded. So it is not permissible.

• Muhammad Hamza

Member July 31, 2024 at 7:58 pm

I asked the question regarding future trading and someone from your side says its permissible.

I asked like more than a year ago

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 31, 2024 at 8:35 pm

Refer the answer if possible then we can judge.

• Muhammad Hamza

Member August 4, 2024 at 5:06 am

Discussion 50090

I guess

• Muhammad Hamza

Member August 4, 2024 at 5:12 am

50049 discussion number

I guessed wrong last time

• Uzair Khalil

Member July 31, 2024 at 12:11 pm

Where is the deception or harm in this scenario?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 31, 2024 at 8:35 pm

Nothing is being traded. It is dubious

• Muhammad Hamza

Member August 4, 2024 at 5:10 am

As a professional trader.

If you have a regulated broker they will surely trade ok your behalf in the real market.

Same goes for the crypto perpetual contract. Your broker trader on behalf of yours in the real market. Your trades affect the real market. So its not right to say that nothing is traded.

It’s simple because u earn so much money, and when u withdraw u easily get the withdrawal from a regulated broker. If they had not traded in the real market, they would have to give it from their own pocket.

• Uzair Khalil

Member August 4, 2024 at 6:57 pm

Irfan sb,

Nothing being traded is the only objection here? What if actual trading takes place as mentioned by Hamza sb? It would be permissible then or Zero-sum nature of the transaction is also the problem ?

• Zeeshan Ali

Member August 5, 2024 at 1:50 am

guide me about the contract between a person and exchange in which a person want to sell an asset to exchange at current market price but person doesn’t has the asset! person has pridiction that price will be low in future so he want to buy that asset at low price to sell it at high to gain profit! exchange allows him to buy it in future in advance and allow him to sell at that particular market price!(in future price might be increase or decrease and person has to buy it) if price increases from that particular price then person has to bear loss and if price decreases person will take his profit! note the price prediction is not only pridiction rather several hours of technical and fundamental analysis backed it.This type of future contracts are permissible or not?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 5, 2024 at 3:27 am

If you remove the objection, the ruling changes. It is no longer dubious if an asset is traded or the money is invested in some business. The principle is that a trade should be a fair one. there should be no intent to harm or deceive others.

• Zeeshan Ali

Member August 5, 2024 at 9:43 am

Dr Irfan Shahzad,

What objection are you talking about?

• Muhammad Hamza

Member August 5, 2024 at 10:32 am

Their object is that nothing is being traded in real.

And they are saying that if that’s not the case.. something is been traded then there is nothing to object.

Just adding on for irfan bhai, binary trading ( either crypto, index or commodity or forex ) is the only form of trading in which their is no trade done. It is pure gambling.

But in spot trade and future broker do trade on behalf of u. ( I don’t know about option trading ).

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register