Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Why Prophet Muhammad (SWS) Was Not Given Clear Miracles?

• Why Prophet Muhammad (SWS) Was Not Given Clear Miracles?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 weeks, 3 days ago 3 Members · 19 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar May 30, 2024 at 8:45 pm

This has been answered in the Qur’an. It was because miracles did not help making people believe. Moreover it is not required because God wanted people to believe using their brains, following the line of reasoning.

• Shayiq Shah

Member May 30, 2024 at 8:59 pm

Ot would have condition in other nations as well before this ummah….

So how can God learn….

God knows everything already

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 2, 2024 at 4:32 am

This is all for us to end our excuses. Since the history of these nations was accepted by the addressees therefore God made it a foundation to tell them miracles do not work. So do not demand it. This arguments could only be established once the miracles had been performed. Otherwise people’s excuse stayed there. This is called Itmam ul hujjah.

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 2, 2024 at 5:56 am

This is not to be made that complex….

Simply if line of reasoning was more stronger place of argumentation then in places of these circumtances ….more focus from initial times should have been given to….”line of reasoning”

Which would have yielded more stronger grounds rationally for deen i ibrahimi…

Wallahi dear sir it couldnt satisfy ….

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 2, 2024 at 6:06 am

Maybe you will say sir that:
    1)That times more satisfying for people was miracles than line of argumentation OR
    2)To make last ummah independent of miraculously agreed things and think logically because it was made upto day of judgement and established history was made a witness of that.
    Counterreply 1:I dont think so because i believe there would not have been that greater gap of logically thinking approach…..that they can not understand todays give line of reasoning
    Counterreply2:if miracles were done it can not at all interfere with developing logical Approach
    But can make people more content about religion….

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 3, 2024 at 4:53 am

Miracles in true sense are events when known laws of nature are disrupted by Allah’s command.

Quran points out that signs of Allah are so numerous that it is impossible to count all of them (ref: surah Kahf, last ayat).

So laws of nature help human mind know that there is a Creater, who spoke to mankind and we have His last book revealed to His last prophet PBUH.

Revelation i.e. Quran is itself a miracle in the sense that laws of nature can’t know the means of it’s transmission nor can explain it’s existence as something man-made.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 3, 2024 at 6:55 am

In the preaching of the prophets, as described in the Qur’an, the do not start with miracles, they draw people’s attention to observe the natural phenomena to conclude that there is one God. Second argument comes from historical incidents that how certain nations were destroyed for their insistence on being ignorant. This is the main line of argument repeated again and again by every prophet for every nation. Moreover, their demands to show them mistakes were always turned downed but God showed miracles on His own.

Soz miracles were never the pivotal of the divine message. When the fillers on the Jesus demanded the miracle of Maida God warned them if He did as they asked their accountability will be severer. Therefore they didn’t insist.

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 3, 2024 at 7:56 am

Nor i am saying it is that pivotal and neither i am saying miracles start religion….

Waht i am saying if there was demand of miracle even of those people who might had rejected afterwards …but there demand wants to be answered….

Also if they rejected they can be ssverely punished as Allah did it before with other nations..

I can say it is very legitimate demand…..

Even if myself had any honest doubt….i would have demanded it….

And if ignorant people demanded it ….it will satisfy honest people at the same time…

And in these times it would have been answer to those who make it point of arrogance and criticism

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 3, 2024 at 8:01 am

What kind of reasoning is that saying…because to uproot miracles type of thing and believe only in logical reasoining….miracles were not done….

Then my qn is why it was done in first place……for this type of demand…..

I am perpelexed with urs logic…..how can u say that…..even…

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 3, 2024 at 8:30 pm

When you read the Qur’an you find God answering their doubts with logic. Considering their premises He asks them to doubt and discard their beliefs which they adopted for no reason. If the miracle were to decide the matter there was no need to send the projects, an angel would do the thr better.

God shows some miracle on His own, not at the wish of the people, for the purpose for Itmam ul hujjah before punishing them. This is the rule for God. He punishes only after Itmam ul hujjah. Miracles were prequel to punishment.

A faith after watching a miracle is not as good as a faith using reasoning that what is required.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 6, 2024 at 3:29 am

Correction: there was no need to send the prophets.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 3, 2024 at 8:31 pm

I suggest You to read the Qur’an, find the relevant verses about miracles and demand of miracles. The word Ayah is also used for miracles in the Qur’an.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 3, 2024 at 1:28 pm

It is all part of 23 year long debate with Quraish, Christians, and Jews and encompasses events that happened in that period.

Quran answered every point raised by disbelievers, opponents, and believers. Allah knows who opposed for what reasons in their hearts. Quran made rational arguments and warned the disbelievers of severe consequences.

All those who argued, disbelieved, and opposed received their punishment with the whole world, through history, witness to it.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 3, 2024 at 1:41 pm

Ultimate challenge of Quran to disbelievers is to prove that Allah’s last prophet Muhammad PBUH wrote it himself and credited it to God.

If Quran is words of a man and not Allah, other people should also be able to write something like it.

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 4, 2024 at 1:05 am

Yes now it seems logical…..

Sorry sir if my approach annoyed you….

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 4, 2024 at 1:50 am

Your questions are very good, deserving best explanations. May Allah bless you for seeking good answers to confusions that arise when we all try to learn more.

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 4, 2024 at 4:16 am

What i mean logical is that yes they are very secondary …..it must be of that kind of….

And when there is not chances that this nation is on verge of getting out of fold of deen…then they should be shown…..or when it is used as a weapon by Rasools….

When these things are not….then obviosly why to show miracle if basic principle is to logically interpret deen…

• Shayiq Shah

Member June 4, 2024 at 4:19 am

But in case of honest person not getting miracle demand fulfilled if he has doubt….

In that i guess that no. Of these types of people should be very high….otherwise for 1 person or less people …..no need…

They can be made content by more evidences….

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 4, 2024 at 4:38 am

Worldly life is a trial created by Allah. First of all it is a test of intellectual honesty.

Anyone who can follow reason and evidence at intellectual level using sophisticated reasoning systems; or simply can tell good from bad; wrong from right based on his/her inner sense of moral code (ingrained by Allah in humans, not any other animals) receives good guidance from his own mind and heart as well as good knowledge available with other humans, both worldly and divine.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register