Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Quran 33:59 – The Permanence Of Jilbab Directive In Surah Ahzab

Tagged: , ,

• Quran 33:59 – The Permanence Of Jilbab Directive In Surah Ahzab

Posted by Syed Bukhari on June 7, 2024 at 5:15 am

If Quran 33:59 was only a timely measure, why did the wives of prophet follow it throughout their lives?

The verse mentions all wives, daughters and other muslim women.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 weeks, 2 days ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Quran 33:59 – The Permanence Of Jilbab Directive In Surah Ahzab

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 weeks, 2 days ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 7, 2024 at 7:38 pm

Surah Ahzab verse is already discussed in 23 series please refer to Discussion 47826

especially 2nd and 3rd episode

• Syed Bukhari

Member June 7, 2024 at 11:10 pm

I’ve recently completed the whole series, this is the only question left unanswered.

• Ahsan

Moderator June 8, 2024 at 9:01 am

Please see verse 32-33 of Surah Ahzab. And watch episode 3 from 0:16 to 22:00 for question to your answer

• Syed Bukhari

Member June 8, 2024 at 12:30 pm

Ahsan sahab I did rewatch the suggested part again.

My question is specifically regarding verse 59, Ghamidi sahab suggests it was timely measure. Then on what basis did the wives of prophet follow it for the rest of their lives?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 8, 2024 at 8:38 pm

The special protocols of the wives of the prophet given in the verse 33:32-34, 54 included that no one should see them. Their Hijab was of another kind which they kept observing for the rest of their lives.

• Syed Bukhari

Member June 10, 2024 at 3:18 am

Irfan Sahab, I request a bit more elaboration from your end. From which verse exactly can we infer the rules of hijab for the wives of Prophet?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 11, 2024 at 6:55 am

I cited the verse number exactly.

This is a well known fact that the wives of the prophet were ordained to observe a special kind of Hijab. They were restricted from going out of their homes, they were to stay behind a veil from the men. They performed Hajj while keeping away from public.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register