Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Is Fitrat A Product Of Parenting And Society ?

Tagged: ,

• Is Fitrat A Product Of Parenting And Society ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member June 9, 2024 at 10:04 am

To add more thoughts to the question :

IF fitrat is not due to Islamic parenting then,

Why are muslim scholarship across the globe fully determined on Islamic parenting for small kids if the fitrat can guide a person towards right or wrong ? What is Islamic scholarship afraid of ?

• Abdur Rahman

Member June 10, 2024 at 12:41 am

My apologies for the poor choice of words, As cannot edit my post, request admins to please change “hell bent” to “fully determined”.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/determined

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 10, 2024 at 1:20 am

The potential to respond to the training is always innate. No other animal can develope talking, sense of good and bad, justice or injustice, truth and falsehood.

From environment man learns application of these natural instincts. The differences in applications confirms the basic norms upon which these applications are based, that there should be something bad and good and justice should prevail and injustice should be curbed.

The same has been told by Allah that the sense of good and bad is inculcated in the nature of man.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 10, 2024 at 1:49 am

Here is what I can contribute on this topic.

1- some of the points about it may depend on how “fitrat” is defined for the purpose of a discussion. But if we take it in simple terms, it can be understood as containing all good and bad a human has the potential for i.e humans are born with capacity for both good and evil.

2- Different approaches are taken when these ideas are applied to processes and content of formal and informal education.

In nutshell, all educators – parents, teachers etc. teach, encourage what is considered good by the society and discourage what they believe to be bad.

• Mubarak Bhatti

Member June 10, 2024 at 1:57 am

However, in the sense “fitrat” is used in the original question is a more complex meaning. Because after whatever original personality a person is born with absorbs all kinds of influences from society and environment. So that can also be taken as part of fitrat, at least in some very significant sense

Those are the challenges that education and social processes have faced in every age.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register