Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Eid Ul Adha

• Eid Ul Adha

Posted by Muhammad Afzal on June 13, 2024 at 3:31 am

Dear Ghamidi Sahib,

I am in Australia (Perth), this time, here the Muslims are devided in 3 groups to start Eid ul Adha.

Group 1 – Eid on Sunday 16 June. This group follows Saudi Arabia. Grand Mufti of Australia has announced the same.

Group 2 – Eid on Monday 17 June. This group follows calculation method to ascertain that the new moon was on the horizon after sunset. The moon was on the horizon on 7 June for about 20 minutes. Although the moon was not sighted due to short time span.

Group 3 – Eid on Tuesday, 18 June. This group sight the moon otherwise complete 30 days.

Please guide me, I am confused between group 1 and 2, which one to follow to celebrate eid as per Islamic principles.

More, can you please guide, when does an Islamic month start at particular place/country? Does it starts if the new moon is on the horizon after sunset anywhere in the globe or in that particular place/country?

Yesterday, I called your centre and spoke with a lady and have sent an online query as well.

Jazzak Allah khair

Muhammad Afzal

Perth – Australia

suleman khan replied 1 week, 3 days ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Eid Ul Adha

suleman khan updated 1 week, 3 days ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Muhammad Afzal

Member June 13, 2024 at 4:25 am

Further info about Group 1 – on 6 June the moonset was about 40 minutes before the sunset in Australia. The group following Saudi Arabia by the announcement of grand Mufti of Australia. Previously grand Mufti used calculation methods to ascertain the moon was on the horizon after sunset in Australia.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 13, 2024 at 5:43 am

The Muslims should try to make it a collective decision by appointing an authority with mutual consultation. When there is no such authority You can choose any opinion which You think is more appropriate.

It is a matter of ijtihad and everyone has room for their opinions.

• Muhammad Afzal

Member June 13, 2024 at 8:11 am

Thank you Dr Irfan Shahzad sahib

• suleman khan

Member June 16, 2024 at 2:41 am

is there any video clip or writing of Ghamadi sb on this issue?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register