Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Whoever Turns Away From My Sunnah Is Not From Me, Staying Single Sinful?

• Whoever Turns Away From My Sunnah Is Not From Me, Staying Single Sinful?

Posted by Mohammad Ali Soomro on June 13, 2024 at 10:31 am

Hello there, my question is that there’s some

Sunan Ibn Majah 1846

the Messenger of Allah said: “Marriage is part of my sunnah, and whoever does not follow my sunnah has nothing to do with me. Get married, for I will boast of your great numbers before the nations. Whoever has the means, let him get married, and whoever does not, then he should fast for it will diminish his desire.”

and

in some Hadith wording like “Whoever turns away from my Sunnah is not of me.”.

So if a person without any reason, doesn’t marry at all. will be be falling into minor sin?

As Ghamdi Sahab and Umer Bhai here, once said that for something mustahab transmitted in tawattur, and which doesn’t belong to farz category. leaving that thing can be a minor sin. so if a person doesn’t do nikah, it won’t be Haram (in terms of major sin, as Ghamdi Sahab categorizes Haram), but would it be a minor sin for that person? or is it totally optional and no sin at all for not doing?

If it’s not a sin at all to not marry (major or minor) then what about this Hadith? where will be this Hadith be placed in frame of religion?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 months, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Whoever Turns Away From My Sunnah Is Not From Me, Staying Single Sinful?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 13, 2024 at 10:50 pm

It is in the context that some people wanted to practice celibacy or asceticism as something religiously preferred.

The prophet warned them against it.

However, to marry is not obligatory.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member June 14, 2024 at 12:15 am

@Irfan76 sir in this video,

Discussion 80980?action=bbp_mark_read&topic_id=80980&reply_id=81297&_wpnonce=3e763cb5e9#post-81045

Ghamdi Sahab said that eating with right hand is not farz, or wajib but although not doing it without reason can incur minor sin. now I am confused that if it wasn’t farz/wajib then why is there some sin in it? And in the same thread in another video Ghamdi Sahab said that Not doing something mustahab or doing something Makruh, can also incur minor sin. And in this thread Umer Bhai also said that ettiquettes, mustahab things which are transmitted through tawattur. violation of them can cause minor sin.

So Ghamdi sahab in his other videos did say that a person can decide to stay single for his life etc, it’s not farz/wajib but it’s not something liked… he used these same words that “yeh Koi pasandeeda cheez nahi” and as we see that in Sunnah list, Ghamdi Sahab also puts nikah there.

So sir will not marrying be a minor sin? I’m confused please help.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 14, 2024 at 1:34 am

Things are not just sin or not sin. they might be just not good, or not preferred.

Marriage is not a technically sunnah. It is not a part of Deen. it is a natural way to marry. One may choose not to marry if he can stay away from zina.

• Mohammad Ali Soomro

Member June 14, 2024 at 1:45 am

@Irfan76 okay sir so anything which is part of Deen, then it will be required to do it in that way right?

and when Ghamdi Sahab terms nikah in Sunnah list, it means that the details of nikah and what things are to be done and not done during, after nikah, all these injuctions will apply when a person decides to do nikah, right?

same as slaughtering animal with takbir is not obligatory in a way that you do have to find an animal and kill him this way. but if someone does slaughter, then it is to be done with this manner.

Same would go for eating, if he is eating with hands then right hand must be used. If for example automatic feeding devices are invented in future where there’s no need to use hands then it’s not separately required to eat with right hand, am I correct?

so what I understand is that when Ghamdi Sahab mentioned nikah in Sunnah list, what he meant was if it is to be done then it’s details are transferred in Sunnah. but the order to do marriage is not separately transferred as a separate injuction, right sir?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 14, 2024 at 2:46 am

Right.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register