Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Marriage With Shia Girl

• Marriage With Shia Girl

Posted by Haziq Farooq on June 15, 2024 at 1:05 am

Assalamualaikum sir… Sir mujhe aik shia larki Pasand hai or mein sunni hun… Uss se Shaadi karna Chahta hun…. Lekin mere maa baap keh rahay hain k ham ne zyada dunya Dekhi hai…hamari Marzi k baghair Tum ne agar ki to Tum na farman….Lekin wo ye nahi samajh rahay k ye Mera deeni Haq hai Pasand ki Shaadi karna….Kya mein ghalat hun ya wo…Kya maa baap par iska koi sawal ni hoga k aulad ka Haq kyun cheena….Kya mein ghalat zidd kar raha hun….?

Maliha Kabani replied 1 week, 1 day ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Marriage With Shia Girl

Maliha Kabani updated 1 week, 1 day ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator June 15, 2024 at 8:09 am

Parents are right in a way that they have more experience than you.

Marrying with a shia may cause some problems in future because of difference of belief.

if you want to marry her, you can marry, but its preferable to have parents approval.

Please watch video for similar question

• Maliha Kabani

Member June 16, 2024 at 8:02 am

I am completely aligned with Ghamidi sb point about risk of friction later when family grows. Though in my personal experience friction can arise even on unexpected issues if both spouses could not get along further. We must get more black n’ white on this matter that what rights Islam has given to parents? Can they stop an adult child from getting married in accordance to Shria’s boundaries? Can the stop an adult child to follow Islam in accordance to Quran and Sunnah? Yes marriage is a lifelong decision and if come with blessings of parents and adults it’s always a win but if not is it against Allah’s limits?

• Saad Aamir

Contributor June 16, 2024 at 1:01 pm

• Haziq Farooq

Member June 15, 2024 at 4:32 pm

Sir ye to batayein k Kya maa baap ye zyadti nahi kartay? Kya Pasand ki Shaadi pr zidd karna na farmani hai?

Kya maa baap par iska sawal ni hoga qayamat walay din

Kya maa baap honay ka ye matlab hai k wo Jo bhi karein wo sab sahi hai?

• Maliha Kabani

Member June 16, 2024 at 1:41 pm

Look at the video shared by Saad Aamir and forward it to your parents.

Now a suggestion for you as Muslim sister… take a break, you have right to get married, just for two three months take a step back and if you still feel she is the one then decide as Allah has allowed you. Unfortunately when as a human we face challenges in getting something it attracts us more and then we just make decisions as being in mode of ‘it’s my right’ … May Allah bless you in making right decision and may your parents always remember you in their blissful prayers. Ameen

• Nadeem Minhas

Member June 16, 2024 at 11:19 pm

First Shia and Sunni are both Muslims. None of them do any shirk. Second we shouldn’t be promoting sects. We shouldn’t call people Shia or Sunni. We should just calls ourselves Muslims.

I am not sure why we are suggesting not to marry a Shia women. Are we promoting sects?

I am married to a Shia women for the last 12 years without any issues. We are raising kids as Muslims. All our basics are the same. Quran is the same, Prayer is the same and so on and so forth. I am not seeing much difference between us. There is no need to get deep into either group. Those details are not critical for Islam.

Yes there are groups in Shia and Sunnis that are not very religiously litterate and they do many things against the teachings of Islam and do things that are close to shirk, but that goes to both groups.

• Maliha Kabani

Member June 17, 2024 at 4:41 pm

Unfortunately at time of birth we put a label on every child of sect. Being born Muslim is biggest blessing but we make this blessing a challenge by adding restrictions of belonging to different sects. My suggestion was not based on sect. My suggestion was based on human nature that when we are prohibited from something it always attracts more. Thus decision of marriage should be taken with free and calm mind not in situation of friction. If a free, fearless, calm mind feels strongly towards establishing companionship then religion has no objection. Marriage should be an attraction not a reaction.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register