Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Seeking Guidance On Requesting Refund For NAATI Test

• Seeking Guidance On Requesting Refund For NAATI Test

Posted by Rehman Ali on June 25, 2024 at 1:40 am

I have a question regarding my NAATI test booking. I had booked the test, but there was a mistake in the email they sent me. They mistakenly sent an email about the test being the next day, SIX DAYS EARLY, which I read and got panicked. I emailed them to ask what is happening, which later got resolved as it was a mistake. However, I didn’t receive any email or call the day before the test.

On the test day, I remembered that the test was at 6 PM Pakistan time. But I thought to double-check the email to ensure it wasn’t Australian time. It turned out to be Australian time, and I panicked. I contacted their center, and they told me not to worry and to come to the center, they will make me take the test now. When I reached there, they made me sit to take the test, but since Australian time was over, the test was gone. They said I would get a chance to retake the test after talking to their team in Australia. I waited for an hour, then got to know that the issue was accepted since I didn’t receive any call or email. They told me I had to choose a new test date from my portal. I agreed and chose a new date. (here I’m not sure whether I got a call or not, because my phone usually be turned off which I agree is my problem too, but I mentioned it in the test center that you can check your records whether you called me or not)

Now, after choosing the next date, and getting prepared, there’s like I am seeking other opportunities now, and I feel like I shouldn’t take the test anymore as it will be fruitless now. From the portal, I have the option to get a refund. If I take the refund, would it be unfair? I’m thinking that maybe they called, but my phone was off, or I missed the call. Also, I should have ensured the time was Sydney time, not Pakistan time. Although they contacted me on WhatsApp later, they could have done this earlier but didn’t.

I’m not trying to play with the NAATI system; it’s just that I don’t need the test anymore. I don’t even want to waste my money like that. But I don’t want to get a refund through unfair means. What should I do now?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Seeking Guidance On Requesting Refund For NAATI Test

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 25, 2024 at 3:19 am

The organisation refund the fee according to their policy. So let them decide. It is not your concern.

• Rehman Ali

Member June 27, 2024 at 1:05 am

@irfan76 brother I have one more thing to tell you. I am still not sure but very confident that the company did not contact me, or at least they should have records that if I’m going the other day for test, they would remember if I’m making the right claim or not. But I’m just a bit more confident that they didn’t call me or sent any message or email.

But regardless of the situation, if as a favor they allowed me to retake exam after talking to the head office in Australia, and now I’m no longer in need of the test, can I go for refund? Would this be manipulating or making the money haram?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 27, 2024 at 10:57 pm

This is what you have to decide. If Yiu think it was your mistake you should not ask for refund. If it is their mistake or if there system compensate anyways then it is allowed to take your money back.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register