Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Saying Allah Hafiz Instead Of Assalamualaikum

• Saying Allah Hafiz Instead Of Assalamualaikum

Posted by Rayan Ahmad on June 28, 2024 at 4:20 pm

Narrated Abu Hurairah:

that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: “When one of you arrives at the gathering, then give the Salam, and if he is given a place to sit, then let him sit. Then when he stands, let him give the Salam, the first is more worthy than the last.”

(Jami` at-Tirmidhi 2706)

According to this Hadith, is it compulsory to say “Assalamualaikum”when we left a place or end a conversation instead of what we normally say in Pakistan i.e. Allah Hafiz or Khuda Hafiz.

Saying Assalamualaikum when initiating a meeting is very common in our culture but saying Assalamualaikum when leaving is not very often and thus feels awkward and uncomfortable to say.

What is the right approach here?

PS: Is it sinful to feel awkward and uncomfortable for a thing like this? Because when I read it, I suddenly felt that it is hard to develop a habit of saying Assalamualaikum when leaving a place because it is not a very common practice in our culture.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Saying Allah Hafiz Instead Of Assalamualaikum

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar June 28, 2024 at 7:18 pm

Not every instruction given by the prophet or Allah is must or obligatory. Here a manner is being taught.

To be a sin is something unethical or immoral or violation of an obligatory act.

Having said that it is not advised to say salam twice in a single sitting or meeting. So if one says salam once and then on leaving one says another prayer there is nothing objectionable.

Religion is simple and easy. This is its beauty.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register