Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Mazariat In Islam (اسلام میں مزارعت)

Tagged: , ,

• Mazariat In Islam (اسلام میں مزارعت)

Posted by Noor Fatima on July 5, 2024 at 7:25 am

I have heard the bayaan of a reknowned and well esteemed scholar. That if someone owns an agricultural land and he hires workers on that land for cultivation and harvest. While he himself lives in the city. The income generated from that land crops is haram for him. I Guessed the word they used was ” mazaeyat islam me haram hai” the reason they stated is that he himself has not worked on the land so its haram for him to use that income. Now I have a potential proposal whose family income is generated mainly from this way that i just explained. I Wanted to go for it. But I am in conflict as I have heard this bayan. I hope you understand my Question.

Noor Fatima replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Mazariat In Islam (اسلام میں مزارعت)

Noor Fatima updated 2 months ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Noor Fatima

Member July 5, 2024 at 7:28 am

The word is Mazaareyat

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2024 at 8:51 am

All economic transactions are Halal which do not have any immoral aspect in them primarily relating to usurping wealth of others via unfair means. Mazariat is not unethical however each contract needs to be reviewed separately for any unethical aspects in it. But Mazariat cannot be declared Haram by default and neither is its income Haram.

Please also see comments of Dr. Irfan Shahzad in the following thread:

Discussion 89691

• Noor Fatima

Member July 5, 2024 at 9:08 am

So, isn’t this exploitation of the labour?

• Umer

Moderator July 5, 2024 at 9:22 am

Mozaraah is an agreement between the owner of land and the farmer, according to which the farmer (Amel) cultivates the land and the produce is divided between the parties in an agreed fixed-ratio. A more elaborate definition describes it as a contract in accordance with which one of the parties gives a plot of land for a fixed period to the other party to cultivate and divide the yield.

As long as the terms of the above contract do not exploit either of the party, there is nothing objectionable in this arrangement.

• Noor Fatima

Member July 5, 2024 at 9:23 am

Thanku

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register