Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Request To Explain And Provide Context About A Hadith

Tagged: ,

• Request To Explain And Provide Context About A Hadith

Posted by Sadia Pirzada on July 6, 2024 at 10:01 am

Assalamualaikum.

I came across a person who claimed that Holy Prophet PBUH has said in a hadith that ” I wish to burn down the home of man who offers prayer at home” It’s mentioned in Tirmidhi

This hadith was meant to highlight importance of praying at mosque for men but I’m doubtful if the hadith is even authentic, also can you explain context of it.

Kindly educate me about it.

Saad replied 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Request To Explain And Provide Context About A Hadith

Saad updated 2 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Zuhair

Member July 7, 2024 at 1:26 pm

Ma’am as Ghamidi sb says, praying in the masjid is liked by Allah and is preferred, thats exactly what a mosque is for. I recently watched Ghamidi sbs video on the same topic and I have been following him since 4 years. He always says that if you have a mosque nearby, its good that you pray in the mosque. But Islam doesn’t place any burden on individuals, that is why praying in the mosque isn’t compulsory. I am not informed about the reference of the Hadith you mentioned but I surely know that the Hadith just supports whatever is in the Quran and Sunnah. It doesn’t give different or opposing statements which have to be followed. If the Quran hasn’t made something compulsory or disliked specifically, the Hadith can not contradict it.

• Saad

Contributor July 7, 2024 at 2:04 pm

First of all one must understand that the Messenger of God comes to establish Itmam-e-Hujjat after which Allah separates believers from those who reject the truth, then He rewards the believers and punishes the rest in this world. In case of Madinah, there were munafiq. This is why there was an emphasis on Muslims performing their duties to prove that they were loyal to Allah. As He intended to separate the munafiq from the true believers, then His judgment would follow.

The hadith must understood in that context. Messenger (PBUH) was encouraging and highlighting to the Muslims in such choice of words that they should not be slacking in their duties at this crucial moment, they should rush to pray behind the Messenger of God in the mosque to whom they swore allegiance and oath to. See this hadith with similar style and context:
    https://sunnah.com/riyadussalihin:1073

For Muslims nowadays, there is no Messenger of God among them and no judgment of Allah to follow, this does not apply to them. It is recommended for men to pray at mosque.

As for authenticity of hadith, wait for @UmerQureshi @Irfan76 reply.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register