Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Use Of Haram Money In Halal Business

• Use Of Haram Money In Halal Business

Posted by Muhammad Zarnab on July 7, 2024 at 12:12 pm

If i earn money from gambling, and if i use this money in halal business for example Mudarabah or Musharakah , would profit be halal for me if i charity original capital earned from gambling, can i keep profit as lawful money earned from halal business?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Use Of Haram Money In Halal Business

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2024 at 9:13 pm

The haram money and the profit earned on it are haram.

• Muhammad Zarnab

Member July 7, 2024 at 9:31 pm

Isn’t money tool, and if you steal tool from someone you just have to return tool to repent not the things tool used for? For example if someone steals an axe and uses it to chop off trees, they would have to return just axe to repent ,not the woods (chopped)

Isn’t that the case with money (gained from lottery) used in Halal Business(Mudarbah/Musharakah).

Would you only return original capital(gained from lottery) into Charity to get rid of it to repent and not the profit from halal business(Mudarabah or Musharakah) ,it was used in as well?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 7, 2024 at 10:58 pm

Thr benefit taken from the stolen tool is not halal. You may be forgiven by the owner and then your benefit may becomes halal but earning haram money cannot be converted to halal by repenting. It stays haram and this the benefit earned from it is haram.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register