Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Objective-Based Vs Method-based Deeds

• Objective-Based Vs Method-based Deeds

Posted by Uzma on July 9, 2024 at 11:58 pm

Somewhere I heard Ghamidi Sahab mention that there are some deeds for which the implementation method can vary as long as the objective is being achieved. I don’t remember what example he gave but I can think of modesty as an example because it doesn’t matter how we cover ourselves, as long as we remain within the modesty guidelines laid out in Quran. For example shaking hands with opposite gender may be flirtatious in certain circumstances while the same may be completely within the modesty limits. On the other hand there are deeds that must be practiced in exactly the same form as instructed by Allah and prophet Muhammad pbuh. Again few examples I can think of are salat, fasting, hajj.

My questions are;

“What is the correct terminology for this concept?”

“Where can I learn more about this subject especially about what deeds fall in each category?”

Jazakallah

Uzma replied 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Objective-Based Vs Method-based Deeds

Uzma updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 10, 2024 at 12:11 am

This is a about the principles and derivation or principles and their applications. This falls in the category of usool Al Fiqh. You can find examples of this science in the book, Meezan, of Ghamidi saheb.

• Uzma

Member July 10, 2024 at 12:13 am

Ok, I will look in there and if I still have any follow up questions, I will let you know.

JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register