Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Designing Softwares For Asset Management And Leasing Companies

Tagged: , ,

• Designing Softwares For Asset Management And Leasing Companies

Posted by Awais Aslam on July 11, 2024 at 6:48 am

I am working for a software house and we design softwares for Asset Management and lease Companies.

What is the status of my Salary.. Either Halal Or Haram

Awais Aslam replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Designing Softwares For Asset Management And Leasing Companies

Awais Aslam updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 11, 2024 at 9:03 pm

The question of haram arises only when there is someone unethical or illegal is being done. If there is anything like that then You may ask a question like this one.

• Awais Aslam

Member July 12, 2024 at 7:35 am

I am working as software Engineer in company which makes assets and automobile leasing software.

Their product is very complex and will take more than an year to understand but basic overview is it manages the contracts system for Asset finance companies which operate on interest. I read and watch some islamic scholars saying that if asset company or even banks take the owner ship of vehicle or anything and then provide it on instalments for a fixed period of time then it is permissible in islam as long as both buyer and seller agree on one price.Money against Money is Riba which is totally prohibited in islam. Now The company i am working for makes software for asset finance company. I dont know if they give loans or just provide finance over an asset. Plus there is option in a software where lender can get a penalty in case of late payments. Is working there for me considered halal or haram. Is my source of income halal ?

Thankyou

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 13, 2024 at 12:28 am

Your job is to provide software, how it is used is not your responsibility. Everything can be used for anything wrong. The manufacturer is not responsible for the wrong use of his product.

Secondly, Riba is only in the case of a loan when extra money is demanded on it.

Thirdly, the mortgage is not a loan transaction, but a sale and purchase agreement.

Fourthly, a fine on late payment in the case of a mortgage is permissible, this measure is taken to ensure payments.

Interest is a broader term. Not every interest is Riba, Riba is only in the case of loan money.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 13, 2024 at 12:30 am

For details on every point you can search with the keywords on this forum.

• Awais Aslam

Member July 13, 2024 at 3:40 am

Thanks JazakAllah

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register