Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Sharia Ruling On Beautification Done By A Woman

Tagged: , ,

• Sharia Ruling On Beautification Done By A Woman

Posted by amara Ali on July 17, 2024 at 6:27 am

Is women doing beautification prohibited?

For instance if they are using brightening creams for their dull/dark skin. Or if they use anti ageing products to prevent wrinkles

I have heard someone quoting this that such things are alterations in nature and according to quran alterations are haram.

Is islam really this strict? That women can work to beautify themselves.

P.s please note that my question is related to the beautification part whether done for ones own self esteem, husband or female friends not for other men that I completely understand.

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Sharia Ruling On Beautification Done By A Woman

Dr. Irfan Shahzad updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 17, 2024 at 8:46 pm

Qur’an tells us that things of beauty are created for the believers, who dares to call them prohibited. See verse 7:32.

Alteration in nature means to worship more than one God which is against the human nature, and that a man effeminates or a woman masculinizes.

• amara Ali

Member July 18, 2024 at 1:43 pm

This is actually something that has disturbed me in the major part of my life, i have heard Molvis and read articles that woman beautifying themselves (hair color, makeup,wearing lenses or as simple as doing skincare to have a fairer or clearer skin is considered haram) as simple as going to the gym to look become fitter too. Is this true?

How should we know if someone regarding to religion that we are reading or learning is true.

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 19, 2024 at 1:36 am

Read the Quran and the authentic information of Deen. Beautification is never Haram.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register