Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Surah Naml

• Surah Naml

Posted by Taimur Mughal on July 26, 2024 at 1:46 pm

My question is regarding the context of surah Naml.

Especially the verses that talk about that when Solomon said to his servants ; who will bring me the arsh of Queen Sheba?

We read then in verse 39 ; the strongest of the jin said ; I can bring it to you before you rise from your council.

Then we read verse 40 :

The one with the knowledge of law said I can bring it before the blinking of your eye.

Question is ;

From the context what I am getting is ;

Verse 40 is also a jin who has a better power than the strongest of the jin from that council. Namely he knows some knowledge of some laws of the universe.

I asked this question in a post of someone else that this is also a jin but the answer was no it’s a human.

But from the context how can we know it’s a human? Isn’t it saying from the context that first the strong jin said this and then another one from them ( so another one from the jins) said about the blinking eye?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 month, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Surah Naml

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 27, 2024 at 9:53 am

Since talk of a jinn was unusual that is why God specifically mentioned that a Jinn said that. But later he didn’t specify it was Jinn. So the things will go back to usual, that it was a human. If he too was a jinn it should have been mentioned again.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register