Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Lowering Gaze

• Lowering Gaze

Posted by Areum Sattar on August 1, 2024 at 2:28 pm

Only male teachers teach in my academy to would i be sinning if i look at their faces ro understand what they are teacher in lectures that requires looking at board like maths and the teacher face can also be seen in this regard not lowering gaze and looking at board without any desires would be sinful?

hafiz fahad replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Lowering Gaze

hafiz fahad updated 1 month, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator August 2, 2024 at 5:35 am

By lowering gaze, the objective is to avoid lustful gaze. Since, that is not your objective its not an issue

• hafiz fahad

Member August 3, 2024 at 4:37 am

Assalamu Alaikum, Areum.

In Islam, the guidelines on lowering the gaze are intended to maintain modesty and prevent inappropriate thoughts or actions. However, when it comes to educational settings, the situation can be more nuanced.

If you are looking at your male teachers purely for the purpose of understanding the lecture and without any ill intentions or desires, it is generally not considered sinful. The primary goal here is education, and as long as you maintain your modesty and respect, you are fulfilling your duty as a student.

Many scholars agree that in such contexts, the necessity of learning and understanding the material can justify looking at the teacher. It’s similar to how you would interact with a Quran Teacher when learning Quranic studies; the focus is on gaining knowledge and understanding.

If you still feel uncertain, it may be helpful to seek advice from a trusted religious scholar who can provide guidance specific to your situation.

Remember, intentions play a crucial role in Islam. As long as your intention is to learn and not to derive any inappropriate thoughts, you are acting within the bounds of Islamic teachings.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register