Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Prayer For Highest Rank In Jannah (Jannat-al-Firdous)

• Prayer For Highest Rank In Jannah (Jannat-al-Firdous)

Posted by Yusuf on August 7, 2024 at 12:15 pm

Is it ok to ask Allah for first rank in jannat Al Firdaus even surpassing Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him)?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 month, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Prayer For Highest Rank In Jannah (Jannat-al-Firdous)

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 7, 2024 at 8:55 pm

There are two problems in this kind of Dua.

It shows the person doesn’t understand some facts. The prophets were chosen by God and granted the highest rank in the humanity for reasons and they achieved the merit. Now there is no question to surpass them in rank. The highest rank one may imagine is to be with them, as told by the Qur’an that the true believers of the highest ranks will be with them in the paradise.

Secondly, to wish to have high rank is a positive approach but to wish to surpass others is a negative approach. It shows that it is not enough for a person to have good, but he wishes others below him.

• Yusuf

Member August 8, 2024 at 12:28 am

Hello sir,

According to me what I have concluded that asking Allah for first rank even surpassing prophet Muhammad( peace be upon him) is not wrong as there is no explicitly mentioned that you can’t surpass prophets in rank…As per you we can have equal ranks as prophets but can’t surpass them… According to me we can surpass them as well ..it is Allah who will decide…in Quran verses also there is mentioned

Surah Al-Hadid (57:21):

> “Race one another in hastening to forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden as wide as the heavens and the earth, prepared for those who are conscious of Allah.”

So according to my understanding it is human nature to compete with each other … surpassing others doesn’t mean we want bad for them..like they can have all the facilities like beautiful wives , big mansions, tasty food … surprassing means you will have better than them..As you will be more closer to Allah..so asking dua to get first rank in Jannat al Firdaus which even means surpassing prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is not wrong keeping utmost respect for Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and understanding his esteemed status in eyes of Allah..

So my question as I have concluded it is not wrong to ask first rank in jannat Al Firdaus even surpassing Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) but I am not a scholar…will I be sinful for asking that dua…if yes…then can I ask Allah to grant me same rank as prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him).

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 8, 2024 at 2:02 am

It is not about sin. It is about knowledge. The highest ranks have already been assigned to the prophets. there are no higher ranks than theirs.

• Yusuf

Member August 8, 2024 at 2:18 am

Can we ask same rank as prophets?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 8, 2024 at 4:50 am

Yes. We have been told that the true believers will join the prophets, the truthful and shuhada, and pious people.

See verse 4:69

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register