Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Backbiting

• Backbiting

Posted by Zuhair on August 9, 2024 at 12:21 am

What comes under backbiting? We generally have a habit of gossiping about other people, like most women do about other women. If I am talking about someone’s particular habits or traits which he possesses and for example I find it weird or funny for example, and Im talking about it with someone, is it still backbiting? I just saw a video of hassan ilyas sb in which he said that if a person has those qualities and you talk about him behind his back, that is backbiting. In simple terms, what kind of a communication comes under backbiting and what doesn’t(to be precise)? Thankyou

Zuhair replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Backbiting

Zuhair updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 12, 2024 at 1:26 am

That is what may offend the person, one is talking about and it is a real thing, is backbiting.

• Zuhair

Member August 12, 2024 at 8:45 pm

Irfan sb can you please elaborate a bit im confused, as it is a big sin, so I don’t want to keep doing it. So, if we talk about someone behind his back, but how would we know if they would feel offended or if its true or not. Sometimes we just give our opinions about someone, if we’re in a group and that person is not there. Is it still backbiting?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register