Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Giving Up But Not Losing Hope

• Giving Up But Not Losing Hope

Posted by Amin Ansar on August 10, 2024 at 7:41 am

God tells us to not lose hope when faced with a problem. But what if after countless tries that problem doesn’t go away and the person decides to not work on it anymore as working on it and failing causes even more pain but still has hope that God will somehow take him out of the misery but he himself is not gonna work on it anymore. Is doing this a wrong and punishable thing?

Saad replied 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Giving Up But Not Losing Hope

Saad updated 1 month, 2 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • Saad

Contributor August 10, 2024 at 11:37 am

That is not what losing hope in God refers to. It refers to that one should not become forever disappointed with God and rebellious towards Him, not hoping for any good from Him.

If something isn’t working out, there may be many reasons behind it, including God not wanting it to work out and maybe even prefer the individual to seek another way or do something else. When you are honestly convinced that a task can’t be done by you and another path is needed, then put your trust in God and let Him handle what you can’t do while you put your effort into something you believe is more fruitful. This is not losing hope in God but entrusting God with a task you couldn’t do anymore.

So he (Nuh) cried out to his Lord, “I am overwhelmed, so help me!” (Qur’an 54:10)

…..Once you make a decision, put your trust in Allah. Surely Allah loves those who trust in Him. (Qur’an 3:159)

…..then remember your Lord, and say, “I trust my Lord will guide me to a path that is more right than this.” (Qur’an 18:24)

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register