Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Distribution Of Immovable Assets Among Warisaan Via Will

Tagged: 

• Distribution Of Immovable Assets Among Warisaan Via Will

Posted by Nasir Ata on August 18, 2024 at 3:32 am

Salamualaikum

I am 55 and want to write a will. I have 2 daughters 21 and 8 and a son aged 16. I have 3 immovable properties (all apartments) I live in one and rest two are given on rent. I don’t want to sell-off and then distribute. I want my children to use these assets as hedge against troublesome time (God forbid). Please advise what approach shall take.

Umer replied 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Distribution Of Immovable Assets Among Warisaan Via Will

Umer updated 1 month ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar August 19, 2024 at 5:45 am

You have all the authority to make your will about the whole of your property in whatever manner you like, with justice and affection for your kids. If any of your kids need more of your property than others for any valid reason, you can allocate a bigger portion for him or her.

• Nasir Ata

Member August 19, 2024 at 6:18 am

Dear Dr. Irfan,

Thanks for your reply.

It appears I did not phrase the question clearly. I am mindful that i can distribute the property in a manner i like (with justice and affection). Indeed my younger daughter is too young and i intend to allocate a larger portion to her as she is farthest from the life goals. My question was directed as to how an immovable property can be divided or allocated among children? If i sell then the property appreciation benefit stops. I want to leave one aprtment (say master aprtment where i live today) for my wife. Then i am left with two properties and 3 kids (2 daughters and 1 son – details i shared in the original question) so unless i liquidate them i cannot distribute among the kids in a manner i prefer or justifiable situation demands.

• Umer

Moderator August 23, 2024 at 10:59 pm

In this particular matter, seeking legal advice is more relevant than a religious one.

Hopefully Dr. Irfan Sahhzad Sahab ( @Irfan76 ) will share his insight as well as soon as he gets a chance.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register