Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Can Women Work In Film Industry?

• Can Women Work In Film Industry?

Posted by Rashid Bangash on August 18, 2024 at 8:32 am

In Surah Al Aaraf Allah tells 5 things are prohibited accept food.

1) Injustice

2) Bidaat

3) Obscenity whether hidden or openly

4) Unjust action against someone’s property, life, reputation.

5) Say something false about Allah that He has not sent down any evidence.

But in Surah Nisa Allah says that womens should hide their embellishments . Can women open their adornment and embellishments in film according to Surah Aaraf their is 5 things prohibited then women can show their embellishments because this is main thing in drama or film

Muhammad replied 1 week, 2 days ago 6 Members · 46 Replies
  • 46 Replies
  • Can Women Work In Film Industry?

Muhammad updated 1 week, 2 days ago 6 Members · 46 Replies
  • Saad

Contributor August 18, 2024 at 8:40 am
  • Rashid Bangash

Member August 18, 2024 at 8:54 am

I listen to it earlier, please tell me in words, can women work in film industry and open their embellishments.

Thanks.

• Saad

Contributor August 18, 2024 at 9:11 am

Ghamidi Sahab said in this very video that they could.

The point is not embellishments, the point is zina. If fawahish is not being promoted, exceptions can be made. However, it will always be advised to women that they should avoid zina and be careful about their embellishments and intentions, rest is up to them to do as they want according to the demand of their profession.

• Muhammad

Member August 19, 2024 at 6:15 pm

Sir how can one say that showing embellishments for acting is a valid exception?

• Muhammad

Member August 20, 2024 at 5:45 am

?

• Saad

Contributor August 20, 2024 at 6:29 am

It has been explained in the video above: Discussion 99940 • Reply 99941

It has been explained here: Discussion 98069 • Reply 99419

It has been explained here again: Discussion 98069 • Reply 99919

Ghamidi Sahab gives an example of kushti/mud wrestling where sometime men wear nothing but small shorts. Why do we allow that? Because zina isn’t an issue there.

The main problem must be kept in mind. Which is zina.
      The main goal is to avoid zina.

Prophet (PBUH) condemned using perfume by women to promote zina.
      But using perfume to simply smell good is fine. (Exception)

Men wearing small shorts to promote zina is a problem.
      But using small shorts to take part in a sport like kushti is fine. (Exception).

Similarly women showing embellishments to promote zina is a problem.
      But showing embellishments to play a role in acting is fine (Exception).

Exception is acceptable when the goal (avoiding zina) is kept in mind. When path to zina starts opening like in form of wrong intentions, that is when exception can’t be made.

• Muhammad

Member September 7, 2024 at 10:04 am

Sir, were any exceptions made during prophets time or by prophet for any rule?

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 18, 2024 at 9:12 am

Can women show beauty and make up, Because in dramas one has to wear clothes and beautify according to the role and character, Please tell me i want know about it , can wear whatever according to the role

• Saad

Contributor August 18, 2024 at 9:14 am

Yes. As long as the intention is to merely act and the intention is not to promote fawahish.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 18, 2024 at 9:17 am

If women order to wear t-shirts and pants as the role demand.

• Saad

Contributor August 18, 2024 at 9:19 am

Yes. As long as the intention is decent.

However, it is advised that cultural sensitivity should be kept in mind. But it is not matter of sin until fawahish and wrong intentions are involved.

• Muhammad

Member August 24, 2024 at 8:26 am

Sir will one still get sinned everytime someone looked at her embellishment? Even if intention is not promotion of zina

• Saad

Contributor August 24, 2024 at 11:50 am

If there is no sinful intention then there is no sin.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 19, 2024 at 3:48 am

You mean we can wear western clothes whenever and wherever we want , if our intention is good if we feel that we are safe , and nothing can harm us. Don’t we get sin by wearing such these type of clothes.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 19, 2024 at 9:04 am

You mean we can wear western clothes whenever and wherever we want , if our intention is good if we feel that we are safe , and nothing can harm us. Don’t we get sin by wearing such these type of clothes.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 19, 2024 at 10:58 am

Please tell me can women wear western clothing and show their embellishments in drama with good intentions

• Saad

Contributor August 19, 2024 at 11:37 am

The main problem is zina.

Allah does not want us to commit zina. Zina is the major sin for which eternal Hell is a possible punishment.

To avoid this major sin. Allah tells us to wear decent clothes (decent by culture standard, decent western clothes for western, decent eastern clothes for eastern) and avoid the intention of committing zina.

When a person does not wear decent clothes with the intention of committing zina, they are committing a minor sin. Minor sin is forgivable if the major sin is not committed. There is no sin if the intention was not to commit zina or promote indecency in the first place.

If a person is wearing decent clothes by his own understanding, does not have intention of committing zina then there is no sin on them if they wear western clothes or even show embellishments.

The minor sins occur when there is a wrong intention to begin with. Minor sins are counted when the final major sin (zina) is committed. We advise people to cover up as a precaution to avoid this major sin.

• Umer

Moderator August 20, 2024 at 1:36 am

Zina is a major sin and anything which leads to Zina is also prohibited on grounds of Sadd-e-Zariya (Means to prevent a major sin). And to achieve this objective certain etiquettes regarding norms of gender interaction are also mentioned in Quran Surah Nur as Sadd-e-Zariya. While both are Quranic injunctions and a Muslim should follow them.

But logically, consequences of violation of both these types of directives is not of the same magnitude. Violation of a Sadd-e-Zariya directive does not result in a major sin but this does not mean that such violation is being condoned. However our reaction to such etiquettes violation should be focused more on educating people and cautioning them of the risks involved with continued violations. There is no exception, just a different reaction to violations of different nature. Same would apply to a woman actress violationg such etiquettes at her work.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 20, 2024 at 2:34 am

You mean that can women wear jeans, tights , tops and shirts,if we feel we are safe and nothing can harm to us

Below picture can we wear it .

Please tell me in simple words

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 20, 2024 at 2:59 am

If we do not intend to commit adultery, we can wear all kinds of clothes, be it western or eastern, with half sleeves or full sleeves or without ,and we can display all kinds of adornments.

Like this

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 20, 2024 at 3:43 am

Like these pictures can we wear it

Please tell me this

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 20, 2024 at 9:17 am

Can i wear it like this outfit. Please tell me Yes or Not.

Picture is below i send recently

Can I wear whatever if our mind is clear without any intention to commit zina, if intentions are good.

• Saad

Contributor August 20, 2024 at 9:53 am

Yes. That is appropriate by western standards.

The minimum dress code is that woman should cover the area around the private part and chest. So only thing I would suggest go for half sleeves as shoulders, armpit, collarbone/bottom of the neck and upper arms is included in the area around the chest. Last picture is fine but some previous pictures reveal the curves of the body which needs to be avoided, just a little looser clothes may be advisable.

In casual settings, you may wear and reveal the casual makeup and jewellery which is what women may wear normally in your society. Any extra special makeup and jewellery that draws attention should be covered that might be out of the ordinary by your society’s standard except in exceptional cases like acting but it is better to cover up as much as possible for a Muslim even in exceptional cases like acting.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 20, 2024 at 10:53 am

Can we not still wear these clothes, if we know that we are not in any danger from anyone?

Still can’t wear it .Even if we are not in any danger from anyone. Why???

If our intention are good. Because I like to wear it , I’m so confused please make it clear without any thoughts of zina.

Like these two below pictures.

• Saad

Contributor August 20, 2024 at 11:06 am

It is a command from God that one must ‘protect‘ the private parts. The key word is ‘protect‘ as in, not only to cover the private parts but also the area around it that may invite others towards the private parts.

This is the explanation.

So the argument from scholars is that arm pits, lower part of the neck and upper arm area is included when protecting the chest in the command of ‘protecting’ the private part of chest for woman. However if one argues that they are convinced that their private parts are protected and they personally believe it is good enough and they have good intentions then God may accept this excuse but scholars will still advise according to their understanding of the scripture and advise people to fear God and follow the command as accurately as possible.

15:50 to 26:48

https://youtu.be/vJx8K0c7irE?t=950

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 21, 2024 at 2:28 am

But in acting one has to wear such clothes.One has to show one’s beauty and beautification, otherwise one cannot act.At first, you were saying that the intention of a person should be good and there should not be any thought of adultery in the mind.

Then what kind of clothes do we wear when we visit the West also in terms of culture. In acting, women have to wear tights and jeans, pant-shirt style.

Men also wear jeans. Why can’t women?

In western countries, women are considered decent in the same way

• Saad

Contributor August 21, 2024 at 4:15 am

Because you are a Muslim first before you are an actor. You must obey God’s command. And He has chosen that all Muslim women should cover themselves in the minimum area: area around private parts, for the one between legs one must covers the midriff and to the knees. For the chest area, it covers the area below neck, armpits and upper arm area. Clothes should be not be skin tight and transparent.

Men should NOT be wearing skin tight jeans either.

As said above, if you are convinced that you are wearing decent by your society’s standard and have good intentions. God may accept it. Just remember to ‘protect’ your private parts, have decent intentions and avoid anything scandalous, that is all what religion requires generally so that zina can be avoided.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 21, 2024 at 4:03 am

Like below picture, is it haram?, but this is decent according to West culture.

I want to be an actress but I don’t want to do any work which is against my religion, but I have to wear such these types clothes and I like this and I feel happy to wear such these jeans and t-shirts (clothes).

• Saad

Contributor August 21, 2024 at 4:10 am

Yes, these are acceptable.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 21, 2024 at 7:49 am

You mean that ,I can wear like above pictures , Can i wear it in Pakistan when I go for picnics.

• Saad

Contributor August 21, 2024 at 8:45 am

Yes, there is no sin when you follow the minimum requirement as shown in photos above.

However, local culture like some Pakistani may take offense or set up a different dress code in certain areas, it is advised to respect that. But if no person or authority is stopping you then it is all good.

As far as religion goes, your dress code in recent pictures is fine and there is no sin.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 21, 2024 at 9:43 am

Honestly wearing jeans and a T-shirt will not get me any sin. I can wear them anywhere I want.

• Saad

Contributor August 21, 2024 at 11:02 am

Yes.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 22, 2024 at 7:21 am

I mean, Now I can wear like these jeans (in below pictures) when i go for picnics.

• Saad

Contributor August 22, 2024 at 8:38 am

Yes.

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 22, 2024 at 9:10 am

Thank you very much. I wanted to wear jeans and T-shirts since my childhood. But unfortunately I could not wear them because of our prevailing view in Islam. I can’t tell you how much you have solved my problem, I am very happy.

May Allah reward you and give you health.

Thanks a million!

• Rashid Bangash

Member August 22, 2024 at 9:32 am

Can i wear this outfit too?

• Saad

Contributor August 22, 2024 at 1:15 pm

Yes.

In fact, this is the best one yet as it covers the most.

• Zeeshan

Member August 22, 2024 at 7:50 pm

How is Zina and Fawahish defined please?

• Umer

Moderator August 22, 2024 at 11:09 pm

Please see for Detail on Fawahish:

Discussion 60441

• Muhammad Daniyal

Member August 23, 2024 at 5:22 am

I want to know one thing please guide

If a women wear modest clothes, is it always compulsory to cover head with scarf or is it ok to just dress modest without covering all hairs and head

• Umer

Moderator August 24, 2024 at 1:14 am

Covering hair is not compulsory unless the hair are embellished; in that case, hair should be covered.

• Zeeshan

Member August 22, 2024 at 7:55 pm

Please also advise in acting industry aren’t the two genders supposed to touch one another and get close to one another even if not to spread immorality. Is that allowed then? For example two actors of different genders acting as siblings and hugging one another for some scene?

• Umer

Moderator August 22, 2024 at 11:11 pm

Every such intimate interaction between opposite genders should be avoided on grounds of Sadd-e-Zariya. Violation will result in a minor sin but it is a prohibited act nevertheless.

Please also refer to the video below from 29:11 to 30:57

https://youtu.be/pNv0HxdZXkQ?t=1751

• Muhammad

Member August 23, 2024 at 1:50 am

Sir will income be halal if this kind of scenes are done?

• Umer

Moderator August 24, 2024 at 1:18 am

The income is Halal because the person is paid for his or her acting skill and not for expressing any vulgarity. However, a conscious God-fearing Muslim should try to do his or her best to not engage in such scenes.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register