Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Home › Forums › General Discussions › Matters Between The Lawful And Unlawful

  • Matters Between The Lawful And Unlawful

    Posted by Khadija Tahir on September 21, 2026 at 11:21 am

    There’s a Hadith which talks about doubtful matters of the religion that are unclear, about which many people do not know, and that it is best to avoid as it ultimately leads to that which is unlawful.

    I have a few questions.

    -What are these matters? do they include things like music, tatoos, niqaab, beard, exposing non intimate body parts, etc?

    -Did Allah really not send any clear judgment on these matters or He did, but humans aren’t able to clarify?

    -Are these matters that which require personal judgment, but if so then why does hadith condemn them regardless?

    My question is not whether its best to avoid or not as thats already been answered by hadith. Its that if i continue to do things which I have decided are lawful among the vague, while this hadith tells me to leave it, and I dont fall into the explicitly unlawful, will I be held accountable for it? As I didn’t have clear guidance on it anyways

    Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 week, 6 days ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Matters Between The Lawful And Unlawful

  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

    Scholar September 22, 2026 at 1:37 am

    Human beings are created for a test. To take a position on something not-so-clear is the test of their intellect and honesty.

    Some matters or things have both good and bad aspects in them. Then we have to decide what to do.

    Music and beard are not included here. These belong to the matter of misunderstanding, not confusion.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register