Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Home › Forums › General Discussions › Mental Dialogues Of Assurity

  • Mental Dialogues Of Assurity

    Posted by Zainab on October 5, 2026 at 9:32 am

    Question:

    “Assalamu Alaikum. I am seeking clarification regarding internal dialogues. Recently, while in a semi-conscious, half-asleep state, I experienced unwanted thoughts containing statements of disbelief (kufr). I recognized they were happening but did not panic initially because I knew they were involuntary.

    Later, while fully awake, I was having an internal monologue to reassure myself. I mentally argued that such thoughts do not remove someone from Islam, and that a person only leaves the faith if they intentionally say something that signifies an exit. To clarify this boundary to myself, I mentally formulated an example of what a person who wants to leave their faith might say. I said the statement purely in my mind as an empty, analytical example with absolutely no intention to reject Islam. However, midway through the mental sentence, I panicked, stopped myself, and felt overwhelmed by guilt and anxiety.

    Now, that statement that i said half is stuck in my mind, repeating as full constantly and causing intense worry. Does entertaining a statement of kufr purely as a mental example or internal dialogue—with zero intention to disbelieve affect a person’s Islam or count as disbelief?”

    he knew that involuntary intrusive thoughts that are not in person’s control are not effective

    But his worry is that about internal dialogues and the example he gave himself

    Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 1 day, 16 hours ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Mental Dialogues Of Assurity

  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

    Scholar October 6, 2026 at 11:39 pm

    One needs to know why one believes in a faith. During this investigation, one may feel their beliefs suspended, and that is natural.

    However, after having attained faith, involuntary thoughts may be a mental condition that needs to be cured.

    If someone concludes that his belief was not true, it is not kufr. Kufr is deliberate and mischievous denial of the truth.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register