Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Home › Forums › General Discussions › Ethical Question About Income

  • Ethical Question About Income

    Posted by Tariq Mahmood on October 6, 2026 at 5:06 am

    Salam

    I worked with a subcontractor who was working on behalf of a company. I completed a small assignment for two days and was paid for the work.

    However, I knew that the contractor had previously employed someone with the same first name as me but a different surname. I was instructed that if anyone asked for my name, I should provide the other person’s name instead of my real name.

    I have now received payment for the work I completed, but I feel conflicted about whether it is ethically acceptable for me to keep and use this money, given that I was asked to provide false identification. Would it be better for me to donate the amount instead, since I feel that the way the work was arranged was unethical? Also, I have decided not to do it again.

    Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 2 days, 4 hours ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Ethical Question About Income

  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

    Scholar October 6, 2026 at 11:29 pm

    Sometimes, an anomaly exists merely to fulfil documentary requirements. Although this isn’t ideal, it isn’t necessarily deception intended to harm anyone; rather, it may be a way to avoid legal complications.

    Your work is halal, and so is your income. You are paid against your work. The rest does not affect the validity of your income.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register